Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I've been running my with no issues except for the XFX Radeon 6670 issue. Meaning on boot I type in AtiConfig= and it works. Well lately it boots when it wants. I used HDMI for this card but now in using an Apple Cinema Display.

Today I tried switching to my old card and now it doesn't power on at all. Is this a carpet issue? It's very thick and I'll also say I swapped my drive on my MacBook Pro and its dead (says Best Buy).

Does this mean my SSD is dead in my desktop? PSU? Motherboard? Pro Topls HD Cards?

I'm lost at words and don't know what to do!

It could be a static issue. Static discharges kill computer circuitry all too easily. I think that the best thing to do first is either do some testing of your own if you have the knowledge to see if your Power supply and HDD are working. If you don't feel comfortable doing this or don't have the tools, do you have a friend , family member or neighbour that might? Otherwise you probably need to find a computer repair shop to have a look over it.

Fingers crossed that it is something minor - don't panic.

Adrian B

I can test my PSU with the close pin method. But not sure how I'd test the HD. I no longer have the SATA to USB connector. Also noticed my CPU has browning on it with thermal paste. Is the brown normal?

I can test my PSU with the close pin method. But not sure how I'd test the HD. I no longer have the SATA to USB connector. Also noticed my CPU has browning on it with thermal paste. Is the brown normal?

Thermal paste is normally white, but I have seen pictures of grey thermal paste. If you have removed the CPU, then you will need to clean both surfaces and reapply fresh paste. Videos are available on line.

Adrian B

Thermal paste is normally white, but I have seen pictures of grey thermal paste. If you have removed the CPU, then you will need to clean both surfaces and reapply fresh paste. Videos are available on line.

Adrian B

Tested my PSU. Dead. Doesn't power up at all. Still going to clean my CPU and reassemble it. Guess I have to replace my PSU. I can replace this tomorrow actually. Hoping I don't have to send in my mobo to Gigabyte. I'm still under warranty though. Anymore suggestions?

Tested my PSU. Dead. Doesn't power up at all. Still going to clean my CPU and reassemble it. Guess I have to replace my PSU. I can replace this tomorrow actually. Hoping I don't have to send in my mobo to Gigabyte. I'm still under warranty though. Anymore suggestions?

Try the new PSU. Fingers crossed everything will work fine after that is replaced.

Adrian B

Try the new PSU. Fingers crossed everything will work fine after that is replaced.

Adrian B

Here goes. Tried the new PSU. Paper clip method didn't work. I'm in the same room. My whole house is carpet. I have no clue what's going on. I connected the green wire to the black wire and nothing happened. Also wearing an anti static wrist band

Here goes. Tried the new PSU. Paper clip method didn't work. I'm in the same room. My whole house is carpet. I have no clue what's going on. I connected the green wire to the black wire and nothing happened. Also wearing an anti static wrist band

Have you tried a different power socket on the wall/different power cable.

Adrian B

Have you tried a different power socket on the wall/different power cable.

Adrian B

Yes and I tried the bathroom. My light blinked a little. An Apple told me to give the PSU time to power all the way down and try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back