Gigabyte Brix Pro
CPU
i5-4570R
Graphics
Iris 5200
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

except sound and WiFi and missing Linux Ubuntu in the picker, most other things where working with OC0.6.4.
Wanted to update BigSur to the latest, so updating OC was needed.
Updated all kexts of course.
With OC0.6.6 booted OK but no LAN, missing the Win10 in the picker.
OpenCanopy things have been changed, so updated that too, still no Win10 in the picker. Did NVRAM reset, no luck.

I checked each line between the 2 config.plists and except the changes i the 0.6.6 version they matched.

So I don't know why the Linux entry never showed up, now Win10 is missing and why LAN is not working with the Realtek8111, the entry is in the config.plist.

For now i've putted OC0.6.4 backup back and it's working again like before.
If anyone has an idea, welcome too suggest.
Maybe 0.6.7 gives more luck.

Thanks!

Last edited:
So I did get to manage to get the Linux entry back, it's written in Acidentera's multiboot section. You can add a key to the config.plist.

Also tried OC 0.6.7 It boots, but no internet with Realtek8111.kexts 2.4.0 or 2.3.0 or 2.2.2.
Note that 2.3.0 and 2.4.0 also don't work for me with OC0.6.4, only the 2.2.2 works for me.
So it' does not give me the opprtunity to update to the latest update for BigSur, as Internet is not working.
I checked the github page of Mieze (dev of realtek8111 kext)and I really admire her knowledge for creating this driver. But the info is i guess to difficult for me to understand on how to get the latest version running correct.

I can confirm that Mieze's latest update to Realtek8111.kexts 2.4.0d0 as of april 2021 available on InsanelyMac does work out of the box. Did not have to erase cache. So she did a perfect job adjusting and changing the script. Kudos to her! (wish I had the knowledge to that :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back