Contribute
Register

Dictation not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for being a little noobish... this is my first hackintosh. What do I need to change in the SMBIOS? Thanks for the help.

In your root directory, you have an Extra folder which contains your smbios settings.

I know where the SMBIOS file is. Just not sure what I am supposed to change or do to it. Any help or a step-bystep process would be grealy appreciate.

same problem here.

do anyone have success enabling dict? I imagine may be putting a real mac serial number into smbios ?

My dictation works in fact I'm using it right now to reply to this message.

dictation.gif

Mine actually enables fine but the microphone (think siri) pops up then closes almost immediately :beachball::beachball::beachball:

I just upgraded to OS X Mavericks and while looking for speech to text program I found one in the preferences (Dictation & Speech), found an ancient USB headset with microphone, plugged in and everything works.

I wrote this note using that program. The program allows you to configure a shortcut so that you can just use that to start dictating any time that your cursor is in a field which requires text input. My shortcut is to press either command key twice at which point a little microphone shows up with a little "done" button below --when I have finished speaking I can click on "done" or I can press the enter key or the command key again. Immediately following that a transcript of what I have just spoken appears. The microphone pops up and stays up until I press enter

Another Sample " my phone number is 360-323-1234"
Somehow the program knows when you want to recite a phone number. It requires an Internet connection, because the speech goes to Apple and then comes back

In my case luck has nothing to do with being prepared

I got it working under Mavericks by checking on the "Use Enhanced Dictation" check box in the Dictation & Speech panel of System Preferences. Your Mac will then download the what it needs in order to work off-line.
See this pict:

Screen Shot 2013-11-16 at 2.49.07 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back