CPU
i7-960
Graphics
HD 5870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When i boot up... the chameleon loader comes up on both displays, but when the OS(10.6.6) loads, only one monitor remains on. I tried to detect displays...Everything else is working fine. anyone out there with the slightest idea i'd most greatly appreciate it

This is becoming a common problem. Are you using two DVI monitors with DVI cables to your video card? Please include hardware info in your Control Panel/Profile/signature.

Sorry about that,I have updated my sig. I am using a DVI cable to my first 23" Ultrasharp Dell and on the second 23" Ultrasharp Dell(screen that isn't working) I am using a DVI to VGA adapter.

That was happening to me too. I have a 5870 running on a Gigabyte X58 board.

Try the Uakari framebuffer by interupting the Chameleon boot by pressing any key while on the chameleon screen, then typing AtiConfig=Uakari, and pressing enter.

That got both monitors working for me (one DVI and one DVI->VGA).

However, everytime I wake the computer from sleep, I get mirrored displays until I go into system preferences, click gather windows, and change the resolution on the second display.

It's not a perfect solution, but it's what worked for me.

[SOLVED] get rid of the DVI to VGA adapter and use a DVI cable fixed my problem...hope it helps you as well.

Thanks for all the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back