1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am trying to track down the source of this issue and find a way to correct it. I went ahead and followed PJALM’s guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...5870-working-ivy-bridge-power-management.html

In System Profiler, under Diagnostics, the Power On Self-Test always has "Result: Failed" with "Failure Type: Memory" memory Bank0.. etc. I just finished the initial build. Memory is OK. Is this only cosmetic? Should I even worry?

Here's my i5MiniPro:

* Fractal Design – ArcMini
* Asus Maximus V Gene
* SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze 520W
* Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz
* SAMSUNG 830 Series 256GB SATA III MLC (SSD)
* MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 - Graphics Card N660 TF 2GD5/OC
* WiFi: TP-Link Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter (TL-WDN4800)
* CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
* Asus VS248H-P 24-Inch Full-HD LED Monitor

--

Any suggestions, tips, feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to track down the source of this issue and find a way to correct it. I went ahead and followed PJALM’s guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...5870-working-ivy-bridge-power-management.html

In System Profiler, under Diagnostics, the Power On Self-Test always has "Result: Failed" with "Failure Type: Memory" memory Bank0.. etc. I just finished the initial build. Memory is OK. Is this only cosmetic? Should I even worry?

Curious: how do you know the memory is "OK"? Have you run diagnostic tests on it? Maybe there *is* something wrong with one of your sticks.

I have the same message on my build as well. Everything is working fine. For me it looks like a cosmetic fault. There is nothing wrong with my memory. Also the 4 x 4Gb modules are displayed fine in memory section of System Information.
B.t.w.: I have this message since the first day. Without or even with DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back