Motherboard
N552VW
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD Graphics 530 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I know that the release of a major update will likely break the current method of patching the system for graphic acceleration. In the past I have read extensively until finding someone who has done exactly what I am trying to do to get graphic acceleration on their hackintosh and repeat their steps. This works out for me but a solution does not come until someone else comes along and finds a solution before me which is always a very long process. I would like to know what tools and methods I should use to find all the areas where graphic acceleration is broken. How do I see "under the hood" of macOS to figure out what exactly is wrong? I have written two mobile applications in the past and have had a few computer science classes in college so I have general understanding of programming I just need help getting started!

Last edited:
I know that the release of a major update will likely break the current method of patching the system for graphic acceleration. In the past I have read extensively until finding someone who has done exactly what I am trying to do to get graphic acceleration on their hackintosh and repeat their steps. This works out for me but a solution does not come until someone else comes along and finds a solution before me which is always a very long process. I would like to know what tools and methods I should use to find all the areas where attaining graphic acceleration is broken. How do I see "under the hood" of macOS to figure out what exactly is wrong? I have written two mobile applications in the past and have had a few computer science classes in college so I have general understanding of programming I just need help getting started!

What specific problem are you referring to?

What specific problem are you referring to?
I want to know how to see what is stopping the graphic acceleration from initiating. It is not working by default and guess work is very inefficient because it is based on what others are saying and I don't know how to read signs from the computer it's self in order to see what is broken.

I want to know how to see what is stopping the graphic acceleration from initiating. It is not working by default and guess work is very inefficient because it is based on what others are saying and I don't know how to read signs from the computer it's self in order to see what is broken.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back