Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> dGPU turning on after wake from sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Nitro 5 (OpenCore)
CPU
i7-10750H
Graphics
UHD 630, RTX 3060(disabled)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello,

I have an almost perfectly running Hack with the exception of this problem. I've disabled dGPU using bumblebee method described here. The Optimus method didn't work for me. It works fine, except that after sleep the dGPU turns on after wake from sleep and kills my battery life.

I've tried methods to fix it from this post. But it didn't work for me, or maybe I did it wrong?

I've attached my EFI. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.5 MB · Views: 31
In my Zbook G5 there is an acpi method called RDSS that is triggered by the embedded controller on wake that turned the DGPU on. In my case I had to replace the method and inject a modified version that didn't wake the DGPU. Maybe there is something similar in your ACPI tables.
Dump all your ACPI tables and post here and I can take a look

In my Zbook G5 there is an acpi method called RDSS that is triggered by the embedded controller on wake that turned the DGPU on. In my case I had to replace the method and inject a modified version that didn't wake the DGPU. Maybe there is something similar in your ACPI tables.
Dump all your ACPI tables and post here and I can take a look
Thanks so much for your prompt reply and help with this... I've attached the ACPI dumps from my computer.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    117 KB · Views: 33
Try this, if it works we'll have to make an SSDT, since this patch will also affect windows.

Attachments

• config.plist
    35.6 KB · Views: 34
Thanks again for your help. I tried your config, it didn't seem to make a difference. Should I have taken out the ssdt-ptswak.aml and the bumblebee ssdt? Also, how will it affect windows? Should I be careful doing these things?

This is the patch and how it works, I thought that the external \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.INIO under _WAK was the method waking the DGPU but it seems that is not the case, so will have to dig deeper.

Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 10.02.44 AM.png

The patch replaced that call with a ADBG nonsense call that will be ignored.
Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 10.04.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 10.03.25 AM.png

End result:

Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 10.04.56 AM.png

So after replacing \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.INIO with ADBG ("TADTADWTADWTADWTAD"), PEGP.INIO never happens.
But since this didn't change anything, I checked the SSDT's and there is no PEGP.INIO in the extra tables, so that is not what is waking the DGPU.

Try this, just changed your ZWAK patch, there was an error in it.

It was looking for 5F57414B01 and the match in your DSDT is 5F57414B09

Also removed my patch. everything else is as it was.

Attachments

• config.plist
    35 KB · Views: 29
Hey,

Changing the ZWAK patch worked! My dGPU now stays off on wake!

Thanks so much for your help!

I have one more question. Is it normal for the battery to drain about 1percent per hour during sleep?

Great! Thanks again for your time with all of this, greatly appreciated.

Will mark this as solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back