Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Howdy all...

First Post - LONG TIME LURKER

I HAVE searched - haven't really seen any "definitive answers" - though I know the solution is simple and right under my nose.

I'm converting a clients box into a hack. DG43GT/Core2 Quad 3Ghz/NV9500GT

Box is at 10.7.2 - perfect in every way, EXCEPT - NEVER got it to boot during build with 8GB installed, freezes on boot screen when I put the 2nd 4GB back in.

Is this as simple as the MaxMem=4096 switch? Will it recognize the full memory and be fully functional (video modes, etc.) after booting with the switch?

Thanks guys (and gals),

Rick

A friend turned me onto this forum 6 months ago, I've been building boot-132 vanilla hand loads for years. TonyMac and Iboot/MultiBeast streamlines the process incredibly - hats off to y'all.

I've done a bunch of 4GB hacks on various intel mobo's (965's, DG31/41/43's - and my personal XBX2 build) - so I haven't come across this issue personally yet. Client would like his full 8GB back in the box - though I wouldn't mind clipping the 2X2GB sticks for another build.

In the process of assembling my new CustoMac PERSONAL box, to retire my current XBX2 build (which STILL ROCKS after 3 years @ 10.5.8 - I just need to get onto 10.7 and I'm afriad of messing with an incredibly stable build).

I'm 30+ years in IT, built a Hack "just for kicks" 3 years ago, migrated my personal workflow onto OSX and NEVER LOOKED BACK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back