Contribute
Register

Detects storage, but wont let me format partition to journaled

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the installation stage, I go into the disk util and i see the disk and partition I set up, but it wont let me format the partition. What should I do? I tried to format it to ntsf and exfat, but neither works. I also tried to set the partition to EFI and Primary, but it doesnt work

edit
CPU i5-4690k
MOBO MSI z97a SLI krait edition
GPU EVGA gtx 970 SC+
ram gskill 8gb dual channel
storage 1. Mushkin Striker 400 GB ssd 2. 1tb WD blue HDD

Attachments

• IMG_0632.JPG
    IMG_0632.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 81
in the installation stage, I go into the disk util and i see the disk and partition I set up, but it wont let me format the partition. What should I do? I tried to format it to ntsf and exfat, but neither works. I also tried to set the partition to EFI and Primary, but it doesnt work

edit
CPU i5-4690k
GPU EVGA gtx 970 SC+
are you trying to format the pen drive on mac if its not accepting try on windows and format using sd formatter on windwos

edit
CPU i5-4690k
GPU EVGA gtx 970 SC+

Click one level up on Kingston and then see if the Disk Utility Erase button shows up. If it does then click Erase, Choose Mac OSX Extended (Journaled) and GUID Partition Map

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 9.20.10 AM.png

are you trying to format the pen drive on mac if its not accepting try on windows and format using sd formatter on windwos
I'm trying to format a partition of the HDD or SSD

Click one level up on Kingston and then see if the Disk Utility Erase button shows up. If it does then click Erase, Choose Mac OSX Extended (Journaled) and GUID Partition Map

View attachment 221388
I dont want to install it to the kingston, I want to install it to a partition on either my WD or Muskin drive

I'm trying to format a partition of the HDD or SSD

I dont want to install it to the kingston, I want to install it to a partition on either my WD or Muskin drive

- your screen grab, showed us you were clicked onto the Kingston external USB drive

- you need to click on MKNSSD....480GB then click ERASE and let Disk Utility make the partitions and the correct GUID partition tables for you ..... you say you made them .... how did you make them ????

- your screen grab, showed us you were clicked onto the Kingston external USB drive

- you need to click on MKNSSD....480GB then click ERASE and let Disk Utility make the partitions and the correct GUID partition tables for you ..... you say you made them .... how did you make them ????
sorry for the super late reply, but if I click erase through the installer, it'll wipe all my date, and I dont want that. I made the partition through window's disk management. I did this on my laptop and the installer detected that partition, but for some reason, it doesnt work on my desktop.

sorry for the super late reply, but if I click erase through the installer, it'll wipe all my date, and I dont want that. I made the partition through window's disk management. I did this on my laptop and the installer detected that partition, but for some reason, it doesnt work on my desktop.

Hey, I have the Dell XPS 13 9350. did you ever figure out how to get the PM951 SSD detected in Disk Utility in the MacOS Sierra installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back