Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Trying to decide to go with a custom desktop build using a Gigabyte Z390 MB, i7-9700K, and a 570/580 or the laptop route with a Razer Blade Advanced (2019) 15 inch with a M.2 drive swap for compatability. I already have 2012 A1278 mbp but would be nice to be able to sell and have one unit that is for Windows gaming along with macOS for administrative work, basics, and light FCP editing (using the UHD integrated graphics or eGPU).

I know some might say get a mbp with a vega 20 & bootcamp, which I would love, though the cost difference is just painful.

In your opinion, Is it best to stick with the desktop route when building out? It might be easier, though I would love the portability & RTX 2070 for gaming. I don't mind getting into the weeds in terms of setup, though stability and overall usefulness is a must.

Trying to decide to go with a custom desktop build using a Gigabyte Z390 MB, i7-9700K, and a 570/580 or the laptop route with a Razer Blade Advanced (2019) 15 inch with a M.2 drive swap for compatability. I already have 2012 A1278 mbp but would be nice to be able to sell and have one unit that is for Windows gaming along with macOS for administrative work, basics, and light FCP editing (using the UHD integrated graphics or eGPU).

I know some might say get a mbp with a vega 20 & bootcamp, which I would love, though the cost difference is just painful.

In your opinion, Is it best to stick with the desktop route when building out? It might be easier, though I would love the portability & RTX 2070 for gaming. I don't mind getting into the weeds in terms of setup, though stability and overall usefulness is a must.
A desktop would be better. Getting a laptop at near 100% functionality is very difficult. Things like Wi-fi probably won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back