Contribute
Register

desktop background to default after reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are saying that when you set a custom Wallpaper picture, then reboot/shutdown the system, that MacOS Ventura reverts to the original Ventura desktop image.

Is that correct?

I just checked this out on my Asus Z97-K system and that isn't what happens on my system.

The two desktop images I select (one for each screen) shown below remained as set after a reboot and the image set for screen 1 (Eagles album cover) now shows as my login screen.

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 21.15.38.pngScreenshot 2023-01-21 at 21.15.38 (2).png

What format image are you using, jpeg, PNG, TIFF?

The two I used are PNG format images.

I just checked this out on my Asus Z97-K system and that isn't what happens on my system.

The two desktop images I select (one for each screen) shown below remained as set after a reboot and the image set for screen 1 (Eagles album cover) now shows as my login screen.

View attachment 562353View attachment 562352

What format image are you using, jpeg, PNG, TIFF?

The two I used are PNG format images.
yeah exactly what u're saying, btw i'm using all of those file extensions.

hey there, i'm having this problem with ventura even if i have my pics on the hdd where ventura is installed, any help trying to solve this issue?
so much appreciated ;-)
I had the same issue on a dual monitor setup

by deleting this file:
~/Library/Application Support/Dock/desktoppicture.db

sorted out the issue

so i deleted the file u suggested and... the pic i set on the 2nd screen is still there but the one i selected for my 1st one is been replaced by the one chosen for the 2nd monitor. the pic i chose for the 1st screen was ventura default one
I had the same issue on a dual monitor setup

by deleting this file:
~/Library/Application Support/Dock/desktoppicture.db

sorted out the issue

so i deleted the file u suggested and... the pic i set on the 2nd screen is still there but the one i selected for my 1st one is been replaced by the one chosen for the 2nd monitor. the pic i chose for the 1st screen was ventura default one
still same issue

Have you tried using alternative images for your desktop background/wallpaper?

Care to zip and post a copy of the two images you are currently trying to use.

As you know I am running Ventura on a similar Haswell Hack, so there shouldn't be a major differences in how the two systems are configured, especially not for Wallpaper settings. We can at least rule out the images as being the cause of the current issue.

I assume you posting copies of these images is not going to cause any issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back