1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Windows Phone
My Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H -i7 2600k update to 3.7.4 using combo work fine with no problem. Had to install ssdt with over clock from multibeast

Try to update my dell xps m1530 and hang at "pci configuration begin". I have tried every boot flag and solution found in the forum. Try to modify the dsdt and even try to boot without dsdt. All previous update never had this problem.

I even try to replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from my backup clone 3.7.3 with no luck. Clear/rebuild cache with no luck. All still hang at pci configuration begin.

Can anyone help me with this? Could it be the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT card thats causing it. Current I'm restore back to 3.7.3 from my clone drive. All my previous update since 3.7 - 3.7.3 never game me any problem or kp.

Re: Mac OS X 10.7.4 Update: The Official Thread

Booya said:
My Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H -i7 2600k update to 3.7.4 using combo work fine with no problem. Had to install ssdt with over clock from multibeast

Try to update my dell xps m1530 and hang at "pci configuration begin". I have tried every boot flag and solution found in the forum. Try to modify the dsdt and even try to boot without dsdt. All previous update never had this problem.

I even try to replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from my backup clone 3.7.3 with no luck. Clear/rebuild cache with no luck. All still hang at pci configuration begin.

Can anyone help me with this? Could it be the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT card thats causing it. Current I'm restore back to 3.7.3 from my clone drive. All my previous update since 3.7 - 3.7.3 never game me any problem or kp.
Normally that should be solved with the npci=0x3000 kernel flag.
Are you sure all your BIOS settings are still in tact?
Some experienced the CMOS reset after the update.

Re: Mac OS X 10.7.4 Update: The Official Thread

psydafke said:
Booya said:

Normally that should be solved with the npci=0x3000 kernel flag.
Are you sure all your BIOS settings are still in tact?
Some experienced the CMOS reset after the update.

Yes I double check every time at reboot, all still intact.
I tried npci=0x3000 and npci=0x2000 still hang.

Any solution to this problem? I have have the same problem after updating to 10.7.4 .

Sadly I had prepared a new USB by updating app store installation to 10.7.4. Now I cannot even get into installation screen.

Maube someone else with same mobo has some hints.
In the dedicated 10.7.4 thread, there must be some info (also people with your board there)
Read that true...

Ok so a little update, did some testing and made a usb 10.7.4 unibeast usb drive and try on all my core2duo system none will will boot and hang at pci config begin.
When I try using my Unibeast 10.7.2 -10.7.3 they all boot and work fine.

Could 10.7.4 due away with the core2duo support like they did core duo when lion came out? Can someone that have core2 duo on other system test this or is this just our xps m1530 problem.

10.7.4 runs fine on my MBP 2,2 C2D, so they didn't change cpu requirements with this minor update.

I had the same problem, guess I'll stick with 10.7.3 for a little while... lord knows it took me long enough to get that working 100% :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back