Contribute
Register

Dell XPS M1530 El Capitan - Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Followed Rehabman's instructions. Boots up to apple logo then get kernel panics. Got com.apple.driver.appleintelcpupowermanagement . see attached clover folder. However, after a few tries it installed up to "no bluetooth found " and then goes to prohibited sign and garbled text and restart. Strangely, Clover has my machine listed as a MacBook pro 9.2. I can't see how this is similar to my xps. Finally, this might just be mind over matter, but if I select verbose mode and return to main menu and boot OS X I get the cpupowermanagement panic above. But all of the times is booted successfully up to the bluetooth missing is when I select verbose mode and instead of returning, I choose 'install OS X with these settings" immediately... :confused:

Did you try the alternate DropTables, as per guide?

At any rate, if you're getting a panic, you need to show the photo.

Did you try the alternate DropTables, as per guide?

At any rate, if you're getting a panic, you need to show the photo.

I saw the drop tables bit but as it's my first time I was too chicken and didn't want to try too many things before anyone suggested it. Apologies for not uploading photo thought those details would have been in clover folder somewhere... will post shortly

Followed Rehabman's instructions. Boots up to apple logo then get kernel panics. Got com.apple.driver.appleintelcpupowermanagement . see attached clover folder. However, after a few tries it installed up to "no bluetooth found " and then goes to prohibited sign and garbled text and restart. Strangely, Clover has my machine listed as a MacBook pro 9.2. I can't see how this is similar to my xps. Finally, this might just be mind over matter, but if I select verbose mode and return to main menu and boot OS X I get the cpupowermanagement panic above. But all of the times is booted successfully up to the bluetooth missing is when I select verbose mode and instead of returning, I choose 'install OS X with these settings" immediately... :confused:
this may not solve all your issues but in the clover config.plist you should change MacBookPro9,2 to iMac7,1 if you want a more similar system. also are you sue the realtek kext is the right kext for your network adapter (it's possible but I'm not sure what your laptop has), if not then I wouldn't include it, especially for installation

I saw the drop tables bit but as it's my first time I was too chicken and didn't want to try too many things before anyone suggested it. Apologies for not uploading photo thought those details would have been in clover folder somewhere... will post shortly

Your course of action depends directly on what clues the panic offers.

I was going to change the machine to an iMac 7 as you suggested but I saw other info like board model, s/n and stuff and decided not to res with it until I have all the info to fill those categories.

Attachments

• IMG_8476.JPG
    IMG_8476.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
this

Attachments

• IMG_8474.JPG
    IMG_8474.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8472.JPG
    IMG_8472.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_8474.JPG
    IMG_8474.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 88
It is an HPET problem. Use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext or config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/FixHPET_0010=true.
Thanks ^^ ... I went to your kexts hoping to find it there.. yours are well laid out and detailed.

Thanks ^^ ... I went to your kexts hoping to find it there.. yours are well laid out and detailed.

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is available on this site.

I would recommend using FixHPET (or even FixDarwin_0002).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back