Dell XPS M1530 El Capitan - Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

This is my first ever time trying a hack. Absolutely love the activity and support on these forums.

I don't want to be a bother to anyone but just need a bit of advice.

I have a Dell XPS M1530 Core 2 duo T7700 2.4ghz, Nvidia Gforce 8400m, Reformatted (blank) 320gb sata.

I followed the Unibeast guide and configured Clover for Legacy and got El Capitan loaded on the usb. I meticulously follow steps carefully.

When I boot from usb I get the clover menu, boot from mac osx usb, blank screen for a minute or 2 and then the white prohibited sign comes on and the machine shuts down. No text or warning or anything to go on.

tried the cpus=1 and nv_disable=1 flags but no change. speedstep and fast boot disabled in bios.

In summary:

Creating El Capitan USB with Clover Legacy = Success!
Machine booting from USB = success! (it wasn't booting before because I followed a youtube guide and created a UEFI at first)
Clover install menu = success!
Install from Mac OSX USB = Fail! Blank screen with white prohibited sign!

Any advice? (go easy on the noob. Logical mind here now trying to embrace life outside the box) Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

This is my first ever time trying a hack. Absolutely love the activity and support on these forums.

I don't want to be a bother to anyone but just need a bit of advice.

I have a Dell XPS M1530 Core 2 duo T7700 2.4ghz, Nvidia Gforce 8400m, Reformatted (blank) 320gb sata.

I followed the Unibeast guide and configured Clover for Legacy and got El Capitan loaded on the usb. I meticulously follow steps carefully.

When I boot from usb I get the clover menu, boot from mac osx usb, blank screen for a minute or 2 and then the white prohibited sign comes on and the machine shuts down. No text or warning or anything to go on.

tried the cpus=1 and nv_disable=1 flags but no change. speedstep and fast boot disabled in bios.

In summary:

Creating El Capitan USB with Clover Legacy = Success!
Machine booting from USB = success! (it wasn't booting before because I followed a youtube guide and created a UEFI at first)
Clover install menu = success!
Install from Mac OSX USB = Fail! Blank screen with white prohibited sign!

Any advice? (go easy on the noob. Logical mind here now trying to embrace life outside the box) Thanks in advance.
if you press space on the mac OSX installation in clover you can select boot in verbose mode and it will give you more information as to what the error may be. also if you attach your clover folder plus it would be easier for us to see what you're doing. Check your config folder and make sure DropOem is set to False and that there's no files in Clover/ACPI/patched as that is something that may cause the prohibited sign

if you press space on the mac OSX installation in clover you can select boot in verbose mode and it will give you more information as to what the error may be. also if you attach your clover folder plus it would be easier for us to see what you're doing. Check your config folder and make sure DropOem is set to False and that there's no files in Clover/ACPI/patched as that is something that may cause the prohibited sign

Hi Helicos. Thanks for replying. I checked all of the above. How do I attach clover plus folder? Clover/ACPI/patched is empty.
I booted in verbose today and got the following:-
"This version of Mac OSX is not supported on this platform. Reason: MAC-F4208CA9"

From this helpful link, https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-find-a-smboardproduct-for-a-mac.26311/#post-166343 , by Fuma (thanks Fuma).

That code says MacBook2,1 <string>Mac-F4208CA9</string> . Referring to this.

How do get around this?

Thanks again.

Hi Helicos. Thanks for replying. I checked all of the above. How do I attach clover plus folder? Clover/ACPI/patched is empty.
I booted in verbose today and got the following:-
"This version of Mac OSX is not supported on this platform. Reason: MAC-F4208CA9"

From this helpful link, https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-find-a-smboardproduct-for-a-mac.26311/#post-166343 , by Fuma (thanks Fuma).

That code says MacBook2,1 <string>Mac-F4208CA9</string> . Referring to this.

How do get around this?

Thanks again.

You must use an SMBIOS that is supported.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Tried:
Flags nv_disabled= 1, cpus=1 and -v
also drop oem... same result reason: Mac-F4208CA9.

Tried:
Flags nv_disabled= 1, cpus=1 and -v
also drop oem... same result reason: Mac-F4208CA9.

Clearly you're using the wrong SMBIOS.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Also, your profile is not filled out, please fix...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Thank you Rehabman. Will give this a go now and update...
I'd set up your SMBIOS for an iMac7,1 as it has the closest processor to yours and can run El Capitan according to here

I'd set up your SMBIOS for an iMac7,1 as it has the closest processor to yours and can run El Capitan according to here

Thanks. Will look at it. Will this work as I'm using a laptop? also sig updated with machine info.

Followed Rehabman's instructions. Boots up to apple logo then get kernel panics. Got com.apple.driver.appleintelcpupowermanagement . see attached clover folder. However, after a few tries it installed up to "no bluetooth found " and then goes to prohibited sign and garbled text and restart. Strangely, Clover has my machine listed as a MacBook pro 9.2. I can't see how this is similar to my xps. Finally, this might just be mind over matter, but if I select verbose mode and return to main menu and boot OS X I get the cpupowermanagement panic above. But all of the times is booted successfully up to the bluetooth missing is when I select verbose mode and instead of returning, I choose 'install OS X with these settings" immediately... :confused:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back