Contribute
Register

Dell XPS M1530, Can't get past the swap CD. Can use help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! Sleep, Restart, Shutdown is all good ?

If yes, then you have a working HackBook Pro :headbang:

There's something still wrong with mine though, it's the battery life. On Windows, I can get like 2.5 hours.. and OSX, it's 1 hour.. something is wrong with power managing... SpeedStep is on.. but I don't know if it working propely.

Yeah, Go Habs Go! We're leading the NHL right now with 15 points! :headbang:

Well, the sleep and shutdown doesn't work. The restart button is working. As far as battery issues, it tells me my battery needs to be replaced. I have not had the chance to use it long enough without battery (I have to have physical connection to the Internet) therefor i have not unplugged it yet.

I guess it's not complete yet since I have not tested this fully. :). I did install virtualbox and windows 7 and everything seemed to work well in that. I have to do that because of work connectivity issues with Mac OS X.

For sleep, look for SleepEnabler.kext and Shudown, I used Brett's DSDT on InsanelyMac. In that thread where's they make custom DSDT for M1530.

For your battery, it's really need to be replaced... Windows gonna tell you the same thing. Mine said that for my 2 years old 9-cell battery. Bought another 6-cell (6 month old) over Kijiji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back