Contribute
Register

DELL XPS L702X on Mountain Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that is expected. Do both Mac OS X installs boot from your USB stick? And can your current boot stick see them and your Windows install? You should actually be able to boot your windows install from the boot stick by choosing the System Reserved icon ... (or whatever the small, 100MB or so non-windows partition is called on your machine).

And I need to know the particulars for your machine, please. Drive sizes and speeds and is this a 3D L702x?

Yes, that is expected. Do both Mac OS X installs boot from your USB stick? And can your current boot stick see them and your Windows install? You should actually be able to boot your windows install from the boot stick by choosing the System Reserved icon ... (or whatever the small, 100MB or so non-windows partition is called on your machine).
Yes both osx boot from my stick but when i choose my windows os from chimera it tells the bootmanager is missing. I have performed the boot0 error guide in the firums but still willnot boot from hd

Windows has two partitions ... you boot the little one, not the actual install. Does that work?

And I have never been successful on my L702x with Chimera which is why I included my version of the Chameleon boot loader in my MLionEX zip file. This may actually be an issue with my particular install but this is the only version of either the Chimera or Chameleon boot loader I can get working with my current setup.

You may need to run the windows fix boot procedure from the boot dvd command prompt to repair the boot partition.

Its 3d 550m. Alc665. The partition of the first drive are 700 gigs for windows and 20 gigs for the clone osx. The second hd is partition as 300 gigs ntfs and 100gb osx (first install)

Well let's look at a few things. The reason to build two identical bootable copies of OS X is to save time when making modifications. With only one viable copy, updates which break our install will make the machine unusable. You have a over 1TB of drive space - I can tell you that an active install of Mac OS X will require AT LEAST 40GB and will require regular pruning to keep it that low. The Mac OS requires most applications be installed to the boot drive so while the install can be less than 10GB, once you begin to actively use it 20GB will not be sufficient,

I'm guessing your looking at the space as a boot drive only - if that is what you want, I would recommend a minimal install of a decent Linux distro instead as the Grub 2 boot loader is more friendly to windows than Chameleon. You could install Linux and Grub 2 to your Windows drive and 20GB would be plenty and then install Chameleon on the Mac OS X drive you have now and point Grub 2 to it; the instructions for that can be gleaned from the 10.6.8/Lion install PDF I included.

I will still be able to help but from what you've told me, maybe that is a better way to go.

And PM me please via Tonymac site ... I have a link to my dropbox for you.

Hi there !
following forums and comments I managed tu get an almost fully working L702x 3D under ML.
Internal wifi and sleep not working, but I will get an other wifi card.
My only problem is the power management of the NVidia Gt555m. Without AppleGraphicPowerManagement.kext I GPU frequencies change at the beginning but after few minutes it locks in full speed and get very hot > 90°.
With AGPM installed I've got more curious effects : locked in low power or locked in full power it depends.
I tried diferents roms 10de_0dcd.rom 10de_0dcd.rom (overclocked) .. I verified that my smbios vendor and device id exists in APGM/Info.plist ...
If I install the NVDAGF100hal patched from ssgoku my system can not boot anymore (the driver do not load due to a symbol not found..)
Any advice ?
Thank you very much !
Dun

could someone please share their clover config?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back