Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Dell XPS Hackintosh - content caching won't start (temporarily unavailable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P
CPU
Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
after some days spent triying everything, I cannot really understand what kind of issue is causing the content caching service not working at all: I mean, the service just does not start and the status is the following, so then I have to uncheck the service and put it OFF:
Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 19.32.30.png

I don't know if this problem is due to the hackintosh of my Dell XPS or any other reason. I tried to set a different location of the cache: it did not work, ON/OFF the service hundred of times, rebooting the system...
On my other hackintosh (RYZENPRO Desktop pc), the service regularly starts and the content is cached. On my Dell XPS, nothing.

Do you have any clue?

Ok.
Just case someone would have the same issue, in my case it was because I could not sign-in into Apple ID and the latter was due to the following.
My laptop has not an Ethernet RJ45 port, so I use a USB Ethernet adapter to connect. That pci device, even if it is shown as en0, it is not presented as built-in.
I have added the NullEthernet.kext by RehabMan and with this trick I got everything working:
- signin Apple ID properly;
- content caching working properly.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back