i7-4712HQ @2.3GHZ
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB GDD R5
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,

Just trying to install Catalina on my XPS 9530 and I finally managed to install and get to the desktop but once I get to login screen screen just goes black.

I can press random key combinations and screen will come back for a split second but the go back to black again, I can't do anything in it.

Mainly if there is any animation screen will come back eg: by pressing CTRL+UP

Below is the guide I followed

Below is what I've done so far

Bios is unlocked and I m on A09 version not the latest

All the settings are per as recommended (have double checked)

Tried updated version of lilu and whatevergreen

Below is my attached Clover folder, please note that I am still booting from my USB.

I have tried the search function and googled the error but didn't find anything useful as of yet.

Any help will be really appreciated :)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 133
Did you try safe mode? (-X)

Try this:
Had THE same problem, black screen after Apple logo, i SEe THE mouse, notification, + and - keyboard. I reboot whit clover- space bar- boot flaggs: -s -x -f and login als guest, make a New account with admin right, log out, log in whit your New account. And fix iT wit kexst utility. And undo if you enable iT auto log in. Reboot :)

Did you try safe mode? (-X)
Try this:

Tried both with no luck, it's like GPU is sleeping and by switching screens or forcing any animation to take place it's comes back for maybe a second and screen goes black again.

Updated Drivers/kexts and Clover to latest version but still having the same issue

hello, I did the same thing as you did, my screen flick, I think it should be the HD4600 device id setup, now, everything is work, wifi, bluetooth... but the display only show hd4600 with 31M!

@John Fu, did you use my clover folder? I seem to be having some issues with bluetooth now. it doesn't discover all nearby devices even if it does it doesn't connect to them.

For screen issue there is a little bit painful work around but works if you can get to it.

So basically keep pressing CTRL+UP or Down and connect a mouse to your laptop. as long you're pressing those buttons screen will be visible.

Go to Preferences> Display > and change the resolution to something a little lower than 4K and your issue will be fixed.

You can download SwitchResX to set a custom resolution, for some reason it doesn't like to run 4K@60hz

I've setted mine to 4K at 57Hz and have not had any issues at all.

Now I just need to figure out the bluetooth issue.

@waris93, I was trying to patch the HD4600, but not work, will try your config.plst later on, for Bluetooth, 9530 come with dw1560, it should work after you put both bcmxxxxdata and bcmxxxram3 under the /clover/kexts/other, i think it should work!

by the way, do you mind uploading your EFI again? thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back