CPU
Intel Core i7-8550U
Graphics
Intel HD 620 & QHD display
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I thought I would kick off the discussion on the Dell XPS 9360, the original MacBook Air killer.

I have macOS Monterey 12.0.1 running smoothly on my machine, and thought I would upload my EFI folder.

This is based off theQuert's excellent repo, with display brightness functionality added back in, OC updated to 0.7.4, and all the kexts brought up to date.

For iMessage and proper activation, remember to update your SMBIOS. This can easily be done in OpenCore Configurator. Just navigate to PlatformInfo -> SMBIOS -> MacBookPro15,2. Select it again and the app will generate you new details for your machine.

P.S. If you move forward with your own EFI and you encounter the error "MacOS failed to install a necessary firmware update", after booting from your SSD for the first time, update your OC instance to 0.7.4.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 594
i'm running monterey on my, 7500u, i took advantage of the efi with a few tweaks. it works well but I don't find any particular differences with BigSur. now changing every year is not for hack machines

i'm running monterey on my, 7500u, i took advantage of the efi with a few tweaks. it works well but I don't find any particular differences with BigSur. now changing every year is not for hack machines
Hi mate. Im trying to run Monterey on my XPS 9360 (i5-7200u, hd620), could you please explain me a little what kind of tweaks should i make to the TrustedDeveloper´s efi folder? Thank you so much :)

Hi mate. Im trying to run Monterey on my XPS 9360 (i5-7200u, hd620), could you please explain me a little what kind of tweaks should i make to the TrustedDeveloper´s efi folder? Thank you so much :)
i understand the novelty of trying the latest mac system every time it comes out. I always do it too but this time I stopped at the test and went back. my opinion since we use the software on non-Apple machines and not really supported by hardwere these with the continuous updating of the software, and they lose efficiency and
performance. as mentioned a dell 9360 has hardwere features for best performance with sierra or high sierra there is no doubt. I now go with high sierra and I'm very happy I recommend it as the default system, in case like me you make a partition to try other with APFS but use the good old journaled it will still be amazing you will see
of course it's just a tip, hello
p.s. the efi i do not send it because i use the original wifi dell, just change this kext to the efi of trusted dev. i don't know for your core i5 but if you put big sur you have to use the same efi and update the kext and open core. so did I

Hello, Do I need the EFI folder if I already used theQuert's folder?
And have you updated again since this? Because 12.0.1 is no longer available in GibMacOs...
Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back