Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 8900 Builds? Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone successfully gotten Sierra to install on this particular system?

I have seen others have had success, but had issues, but then later sorted them out. However, not sure what they did. If anyone has any experience with this system, id appreciate it. Last time I tried an install, i was stuck on the "still waiting for root device" with no avail.

Thanks!

I've got the 8700. I used the following tutorial to setup Sierra.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

I've had to use the inbuilt gfx card due to the Radeon R9 270 shitting itself.

If you setup using onboard gfx, and use multibeast after installation. I also had to enable legacy boot mode as UFI didn't work, I believe it wasn't injecting the kexts as no sound or ethernet worked unless booted from the USB.

Other than that it should hopefully work. Be sure to follow guides from others with the same system.

Has anyone successfully gotten Sierra to install on this particular system?

I have seen others have had success, but had issues, but then later sorted them out. However, not sure what they did. If anyone has any experience with this system, id appreciate it. Last time I tried an install, i was stuck on the "still waiting for root device" with no avail.

Thanks!

Hi I have installed macOS Sierra on Dell XPS 8900 based on the tonymacx86.com guide using UniBeast 7.1.1 and MultiBeast 9.x issues were sorted out using boot args -v -s -x -F cpus=1 nv_disable=1 and selecting USB Ownership and InjectUSB options in the boot options.

Hi I have installed macOS Sierra on Dell XPS 8900 based on the tonymacx86.com guide using UniBeast 7.1.1 and MultiBeast 9.x issues were sorted out using boot args -v -s -x -F cpus=1 nv_disable=1 and selecting USB Ownership and InjectUSB options in the boot options.

When you say issues were sorted out, was there anything left that didn't work on this machine? I am considering buying one with the intention of only running Mac OS, wondering if it is a good buy for that.

Hi Ghotix, I am able to Install MacOS Sierra on Dell XPS 8900 using UniBeast 7.1.1 and Multibeast 9.0.1 following the guide at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/ However I cannot dual boot into single SSD. So I Have not enabled AHCI so my windows reside in the HDD. Unable to Install in the SSD. My Only SSD OS is MacOS Sierra 12.11.4. There needs to be some fix for installing Sound using VoodoHDA, WIFI Dell 1560 by injecting kext and replacing config.plist string method. Also the Nvidia Web Driver for GTX 960 works fine now. Hope to Have my primary OS on SSD as Macintosh OSX MacOS Sierra.

Thanks for the info. I opted for a custom build instead of trying a retail machine. Seemed like not much more work to just go the custom route, since I don't even have an 8900 and I was going to buy one just for this purpose. Hope you get your problem resolved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back