Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 8700 - Dual Display - Display Port (Daisy Chain)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 8700
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Afternoon all,

I decided to give the hackintosh build another go, it's taken a couple of days to set everything up.

Because my shite gfx died, I'm left with the on board Intel HD 4600.... Yay. I did get the 7MB VRAM issue but a reinstall using Intel Inject seems to have cured the issue.

So on to my issue, Display Port works as intended at 1080p, I have my 2nd monitor daisy chained and again it works fine but I've only got the option of mirroring the display. The arrangments tab is missing, does this version of OSX support daisy chaining (is it called MST?). The monitors are the Dell U2414H.

Audio works due to having the Bose Companion 5 so I didn't need to install the audio kexts.

So, iMessage works but doesn't always allow me to start a conversation (turning blue) but if someone messages me I can reply fine? iCloud works fine and I can ring/text from the phone on the mac. Happy Days!

I followed the Install OSX on any intel using Unibeast and after installation used Multibeast/Clover/CloverGenerator

Specs:
i7-4770 3.4ghz
32GB Ram
AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (DEAD)
Intel HD 4600
256MSATA
3TB HDD

I'm still rather new at all this, so if there're any replies please try to keep them as simple as possible haha.

Seeing as I got no help, I finally resorted to using the HDMI and the Display Port on the mobo. (I didn't know you could use both and have a dual monitor setup).

Next is to do the bluetooth at some stage so I can setup the trackpad and keyboard.

As Installed this on a 500GB drive, I used CCC and cloned the setup and chucked it on my spare SSD. I now have a backup on a HDD incase of any issues.

Nice to be up and running smoothly.

hi Dean2013, i have a dell xps 8700.

- MB default
- 4x4gb ddr3 ram (16gb)
- core i5 4460
- ssd kingston 240gb
- evga nvidia gtx 980 4gb

can u help me? i can't install os x :(

hi Dean2013, i have a dell xps 8700.

- MB default
- 4x4gb ddr3 ram (16gb)
- core i5 4460
- ssd kingston 240gb
- evga nvidia gtx 980 4gb

can u help me? i can't install os x :(

Hi!
Awfully sorry for the late reply, been extremely busy. I'm going to try and rememeber what I did in order to get it to work.

I followed this tutorial:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

I turned off UFI boot and use legacy.
Use UniBeast in the tutorial and follow the install the OSX on the USB.

It should boot to the USB if not, press F12 and select the USB to boot and follow the on screen instructions to install OSX.

Have Multibeast ready and install once you've reached the desktop. In the settings select ALC898 and RLT8111 and FakeSMS for iMessage and FaceTime. Install clover too for booting from HDD/SSD.

I don't think I have any boot arguments, so I shall have to double check this for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back