PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_167A&SUBSYS_01E11028
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_167A&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_167A&CC_0200

the audio codecs are
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7618&SUBSYS_102801E1&REV_1002
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7618&SUBSYS_102801E1
here is a screenshot of the audio codacs too
1691785417269.png

The Device ID is 0x167A. Which I think was a supported Broadcom Ethernet device in macOS's native ethernet kexts, IIRC.

So the three Ethernet kexts you have in your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder are not required.

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 21.39.54.png
Highlighted kexts can and should be removed.

The Audio Codec is a STAC9200 which AppleALC.kext supports when you use layout-id=11. Well it work for another Dell system using the same Audio codec, so it has a good chance of working with yours.

The Device ID is 0x167A. Which I think was a supported Broadcom Ethernet device in macOS's native ethernet kexts, IIRC.

So the three Ethernet kexts you have in your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder are not required.

View attachment 570259 Highlighted kexts can and should be removed.

The Audio Codec is a STAC9200 which AppleALC.kext supports when you use layout-id=11. Well it work for another Dell system using the same Audio codec, so it has a good chance of working with yours.
ok i will delete those kexts.

Can you extract and post a copy of your system DSDT.aml so I can check a few elements that may need patching or renaming before macOS will run on your old Dell system.

If you download Corpnewt's SSDTTime script and use it in Windows, you can extract the DSDT.aml fairly easily. Link below.

Select the green coloured button named 'Code' and select download as Zip.

You may need to download and install Python for the script to work.

Turns out your Kentsfield/Conroe CPU can only run macOS up to El Capitan (10.11.6) natively, using the iMac7,1 SMBIOS. As it lacks the SSE4 instruction set, which all newer releases of macOS require.

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 22.58.52.png

Is running El Capitan what you want?
If you want a newer release you need to use a different/newer system to do so.

A secondhand Dell OptiPlex system might do the trick. These are available on eBay for under £100. You could still use the Nvidia GT 730 in the new system.

here is the DSDT.aml
Can you extract and post a copy of your system DSDT.aml so I can check a few elements that may need patching or renaming before macOS will run on your old Dell system.

If you download Corpnewt's SSDTTime script and use it in Windows, you can extract the DSDT.aml fairly easily. Link below.

Select the green coloured button named 'Code' and select download as Zip.

You may need to download and install Python for the script to work.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    17.9 KB · Views: 15
Turns out your Kentsfield/Conroe CPU can only run macOS up to El Capitan (10.11.6) natively, using the iMac7,1 SMBIOS. As it lacks the SSE4 instruction set, which all newer releases of macOS require.

View attachment 570261

Is running El Capitan what you want?
If you want a newer release you need to use a different/newer system to do so.

A secondhand Dell OptiPlex system might do the trick. These are available on eBay for under £100. You could still use the Nvidia GT 730 in the new system.
ah elcapitan is ok

OK, so based on what I have read I suggest you download OS X El Capitan from the Apple support link below.

I have been playing with your Clover EFI folder some, tidying it up and adding a few SSDT's, patches etc. which I think will help.

So your EFI folder contents have gone from this:

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 20.53.20.png Current EFI folder contents.

To this:

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 23.29.12.png Revised EFI folder contents.

This includes a kext that I recall working with Broadcom 57XX Ethernet controllers. Some SSDT's that I created from your DSDT.aml and a few companion patches to make the SSDT's work.

See if this EFI helps once you have created your El Capitan installer.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 16
OK, so based on what I have read I suggest you download OS X El Capitan from the Apple support link below.

I have been playing with your Clover EFI folder some, tidying it up and adding a few SSDT's, patches etc. which I think will help.

So your EFI folder contents have gone from this:

View attachment 570268 Current EFI folder contents.

To this:

View attachment 570269 Revised EFI folder contents.

This includes a kext that I recall working with Broadcom 57XX Ethernet controllers. Some SSDT's that I created from your DSDT.aml and a few companion patches to make the SSDT's work.

See if this EFI helps once you have created your El Capitan installer.
ok thank you i will try this after my usb finishes

i dont know what to do i tried the time trick when you change the system time to a specific date but that didnt work i tried to delete them and redownload the el capitan app installer and it didnt change anything idk whats causing this issue

Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 7.12.18 PM.png

Last edited:
Back