Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 15Z (L511Z) OS X Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome, I used DoiX's instructions from the link you posted and have speedstepping working now and getting 7500 on geekbench. I still have the X through the battery meter though. do you have any other power management fixes going on?

also unrelated but awesome (for everyone), try the BetterTouchTool app, it allows you to map function keys so that you can get brightness working, among other custom shortcuts.

I have installed OSX Lion on a external HDD Rack (installed and configured everything from my Desktop) that has eSATA connectivity, but wether on USB or eSATA when I try to boot that HDD I get the "Operation system not found" message.

The HDD is partitioned in GUID Mode and Multibeast is installed with Chimera as bootloader.

Also I updated my BIOS to version A10, the last present in Dell's website.

Any ideas how could I make it boot?

I'm trying this because I want to try first and make everything work and only after that I will move Lion to the main HDD.

thanks!

Hey everyone.

Can someone please post a quick step by step guide, or at least a starting point?

Please....

Thanks everyone.

:thumbup:

EricCW said:
dodgeme said:
If you install Voodoobattery it should detect your battery correctly.

thanks dodgeme. I'm using a dsdt (starfire's i think) that breaks battery and tried the wen1 dsdt you linked to, but for some reason it breaks graphics now...i think maybe he might've updated it. could you post your dsdt?

also from the same thread you linked to, DoiX's guide includes a dsdt that turns off our NVIDIA card and thus saves power. with the boot.plist he includes it results in panics for us, so i'm uploading one that works with it. check out displays in system reports and you'll now see that only hd 3000 exists. enjoy!

Does DoiX's dsdt enable sleep as well? Or does it break it as was earlier said about Wen1's?

I have managed to install Lion.

The problem that makes the whole thing unusable is that I have some sort of performance 'hiccups', 30 seconds everything works, and then for 2 seconds everything besides the mouse stops working, and artefacts appear sometimes, and after 15minutes of this, everything goes black and it's dead.

What could cause this?
I'm also using DSDT

Last edited by a moderator:
You most likely need to install a display override (this what I had to do). Search for my posts and howtos, and you should be fine ;)

Good luck!

No that's not a display override. All it does is inject parameters into the DSDT.

The real override is via EDID, as I had outlined here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=54375

...and so?

My system boot up right but, every time I start an app, system stucks for seconds...
Any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back