Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus H81
CPU
i7 > Need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
GTX 970
Hello folks,

I bought this Notebook and i can't boot up the installer because of an error "still waiting for root device". I know that some suers like elmab have it allready running, i also found out that its because of usb 3.0 and that switching to usb 2.0 or legeacy mdoe helps but this notebook is usb 3.0 only and has no options for this, i also burned a dvd with the installer but it doesnt boot up. booting sl fails because when switching the dvd in iboot and realoding with f5 gives a black screen.

i also tried boot-flags like -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No (needed due to optimus graphics), npci PCIRootUID and USBfix
perhaps someone can help?

thx

*push* because i know that osx runs on that machine, no one can help?

Does it help to delte some kexts to avoid such a problem i tried it but now i get earlier a KP? Perphaps someone can answer who has allready the xxps 15 ivy bridge running?

Anyone get this running?

Anyone get this running?

EricTurner, there are guys which got it running, they have the system in their signature and postet somewhere that it only runs with intel graphics and when booting with -x, im very interested how they got the installer working

Installation works with a retail, created hackintosh-india dvd, but i had to change the fakesmc to the MB one. System can boot only under mode -x, keyboard, touchpad working (no buttons, only touchclicks, gestures), bluetooth and ethernet. wlan doesnt work und perhaps will never wont. since you cant disable graphic chips in bios there is no 3d/quartz support. but it runs stable, you should create a dsdt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back