Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 15 9560 Catalina install incomplete (OPENCORE) HELP Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
here you go.
That looks fine

no graphics issue there

go into trackpad settings and check that Tap to Click is set to Tap with one finger

hmm. says no trackpad found. guess its not loading voodooI2c Kexts. no audio either.

wifi is working though. Does it matter that I have it as a part of a dual boot setup (windows)? also noticed theres a BIOS update available for this laptop.

just updated bios and re-installed. still same funky Finder issues.
can you link a youtube vid of it? as not sure i understand the issue you are having, sorry!

OK. Got it working now. So the problem was because I didn't have trackpad settings i wasn't able to launch anything by just tapping lightly on trackpad. I had to cntl click on an icon and select open which made me think there was some thing wrong with FINDER.

So after updating BIOS and getting latest versions of whatevergreen, lilu, virtualsmc, and appleALC. kexts I now have trackpad settings available and can launch things normal now. I also added a few available patches from SSDTTime.

this seems to have worked and i'm so much closer. now to work on missing audio. Otherwise this issue is SOLVED.

Thanks FEARTECH!!

OK. Got it working now. So the problem was because I didn't have trackpad settings i wasn't able to launch anything by just tapping lightly on trackpad. I had to cntl click on an icon and select open which made me think there was some thing wrong with FINDER.

So after updating BIOS and getting latest versions of whatevergreen, lilu, virtualsmc, and appleALC. kexts I now have trackpad settings available and can launch things normal now. I also added a few available patches from SSDTTime.

this seems to have worked and i'm so much closer. now to work on missing audio. Otherwise this issue is SOLVED.

Thanks FEARTECH!!
fantastic!

well done!

what you described sounded like a trackpad issue that just needed a tweak in the settings as i think i have had the same issue on a clean install before but wanted to verify! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back