Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 non-touch FHD
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 630 | NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 | 1920x1080
So been trying to install catalina on my dell xps. I'm able to boot into the osx installer using opencore 6.3. After running the installation however i get a message "the mac os could not complete the installation". Strange thing is I am able to boot into the new install of catalina but very little is working right. clicking on dock items doesn't work and opening folders from desktop doesn't work either. wifi, graphics are working. should also mention that its setup as a dual boot machine with windows.

specs
dell xps 15 9560
cpu intel core i7 7700HQ (kaby lake)
ram 16 GB ddr 4
HD WD_Black SN750 nvme 500gb
gpu Intel HD 630 (nvidia geforce disabled)
wifi Dell wireless 1560 broadcom

any suggestions?

Screen Shot 1399-08-27 at 22.29.44.png

i'm attaching efi and install log.

Thanks in advance..

Attachments

• EFI-help.zip
    5 MB · Views: 63
  • Installer Log 17-Nov-2020.txt
    686.7 KB · Views: 155
any suggestions on this issue. also including my DSDT if that helps. thanks again sorry for the bump but its driving me crazy as i've tried so many things.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    150 KB · Views: 26
any suggestions on this issue. also including my DSDT if that helps. thanks again sorry for the bump but its driving me crazy as i've tried so many things.
dsdt.aml is not much use for OpenCore

but you may need to :
For Dell user's (Skylake and newer), you must set:
CustomSMBIOSGuid -> true
UpdateSMBIOSMode -> custom

dsdt.aml is not much use for OpenCore

but you may need to :
For Dell user's (Skylake and newer), you must set:
CustomSMBIOSGuid -> true
UpdateSMBIOSMode -> custom
thanks for this. that helped!! i didn't get the error of not being able to complete installation. however the install seems incomplete still as FINDER is still not working properly. opening folders just shows icon preview and dock genie effect not working for example. anything else come to mind?

thanks for this. that helped!! i didn't get the error of not being able to complete installation. however the install seems incomplete still as FINDER is still not working properly. opening folders just shows icon preview and dock genie effect not working for example. anything else come to mind?
possible graphics issue?

check post 2 of the guide in my signature for kabylake settings

possible graphics issue?

check post 2 of the guide in my signature for kabylake settings
checked the kaby lake setting specified and it is correct. anything else you would suggest? Thanks Feartech!

checked the kaby lake setting specified and it is correct. anything else you would suggest? Thanks Feartech!
no idea without seeing your files

ok here is my latest EFI. Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 76
here you go.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 9.39.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 9.39.42 AM.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.