CPU
i5-13500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Dell XPS 13 9333, which, thanks to the help on this forum, I have most this working.
I just have two more small issues remaining, which I would love to get resolved.

1. Touchscreen (would be amazing to get this working, I don't want to just disable it if there is a chance to have it working). I have a working USBInjectAll kext, and I can see it in IORegistryExplorer, it's a Synaptics Large Touch Screen on USB HP13.

2. Audio. I have working audio, but there seems to be some sort of power issue with this Dell XPS (also reported by windows users) where the sound hardware seems to go to sleep after a short period of time, when a sound it played, there is a 'pop / crackle' sound immediately before the sound plays, sound then plays fine after that, but just has this annoying 'pop/ crackle' just before a sound when left for a while.

Problem reporting files attached.

Attachments

• debug_11555.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
1. Touchscreen (would be amazing to get this working, I don't want to just disable it if there is a chance to have it working). I have a working USBInjectAll kext, and I can see it in IORegistryExplorer, it's a Synaptics Large Touch Screen on USB HP13.

USB touchscreens usually work for single touch only with stock drivers.
But if it doesn't, no great loss (single touch is useless).
Yours would require custom drivers...

2. Audio. I have working audio, but there seems to be some sort of power issue with this Dell XPS (also reported by windows users) where the sound hardware seems to go to sleep after a short period of time, when a sound it played, there is a 'pop / crackle' sound immediately before the sound plays, sound then plays fine after that, but just has this annoying 'pop/ crackle' just before a sound when left for a while.

Look into anti-pop patches for AppleHDA. You will find them in my NUC repo and ProBook repo on github.

USB touchscreens usually work for single touch only with stock drivers.
But if it doesn't, no great loss (single touch is useless).
Yours would require custom drivers...

Look into anti-pop patches for AppleHDA. You will find them in my NUC repo and ProBook repo on github.
Great, anti-pop patches worked a treat, many thanks.
For touch screen, is there any way to get more than single touch only, could you point me in the right direction please?

Regards.

For touch screen, is there any way to get more than single touch only, could you point me in the right direction please?

Would require custom drivers.

I am now using AppleALC.kext, are the anti-pop patches still applicable, or are they obsolete with AppleALC.kext?

I am now using AppleALC.kext, are the anti-pop patches still applicable, or are they obsolete with AppleALC.kext?

Most (if not all) AppleALC codecs have those patches in the AppleALC resources.
You should examine the patches in your codecs Info.plist (in AppleALC/Resources) to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back