Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 13 5th Generation Setup 9343 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is what shows up when restarting from windows ...

In addition to restart from Windows, you need enable "Legacy Support"/"Load Legacy ROM" in BIOS. This will load VBIOS instead of GOP for the graphic card, which solve the freeze problem.

Ok I Finally Gut pretty Much everything working right now its very stable and works good ...but trying to get the webcam and cpu working any help will be great thanks ...

trying to get a setup guide ready soon i try this on two off the dell xps 13 laptop and see what all the problem and so on so ... few of this other thing works it will be good for every one and me too.. thanks for every ones help ... please let me no any one have any suggestion thanks .... again ..

Ok I Finally Gut pretty Much everything working right now its very stable and works good ...but trying to get the webcam and cpu working any help will be great thanks ...

trying to get a setup guide ready soon i try this on two off the dell xps 13 laptop and see what all the problem and so on so ... few of this other thing works it will be good for every one and me too.. thanks for every ones help ... please let me no any one have any suggestion thanks .... again ..

Setup guide would be great so maybe I could get my XPS working as well.

Setup guide would be great so maybe I could get my XPS working as well.

working on the guide i want to get the webcam and ssdt file work good then i will post a guide ... i trying to get that working and working with some people thank u ...... any help from any one it will be good for this too ...

I'd like to second...I would LOVE a guide as I recently got the 9343 model as well and was unable to get Yosemite installed using Unibeast. Thanks in advance! :D

I'd like to second...I would LOVE a guide as I recently got the 9343 model as well and was unable to get Yosemite installed using Unibeast. Thanks in advance! :D

You have to use clover to install ... u can't use uniBeast ...

post your spech ...

Does your XPS 13 suffer from graphical tearing and lag? I have everything working (wifi/audio/webcam) and the display running at 1920x1080, but the display is clearly not running at full speed, it looks to be 15 fps. Let me know!

Does your XPS 13 suffer from graphical tearing and lag? I have everything working (wifi/audio/webcam) and the display running at 1920x1080, but the display is clearly not running at full speed, it looks to be 15 fps. Let me know!

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Done. Sorry for not having it up already! View attachment xps9343.ioreg

Edit: I'm additionally noticing I don't have a kext loaded under Graphics in System Information, and that during loading there is an error message stating it (kernel?) "could not attach framebuffer to driver".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back