Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 13 5th Generation Setup 9343 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tired everything with your information noting made to work on boot so what i showed u before i sued the old files and update new kext and set my dsdt and now the video is running full but i going to setup a link for the clover files so u can look it for me i am still trying to get power and cpu power work ... i could not upload it here because the file is 20mb some region any way i will add the link once is uploaded thanks ....

Upload as .ZIP attachment.

Be clear about what your issue is.

here is the link for the file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8qVigHb2ilwcndUZ21Lc0FDTWc/view?usp=sharing

the only problem i am having right now is that video is working and processor is not recognizing also FakeSMC the one thats on the file only works for me also when i go to clover and change to different FakeSMC Then i have Problem again .. with this and also on my ioRegistry it showing some other mac information in about it show something different how to change it .. i never run in to this ... problem when i used FaKeSMC ... please Advice Thanks for all the help please thanks again ...

here is the link for the file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8qVigHb2ilwcndUZ21Lc0FDTWc/view?usp=sharing

the only problem i am having right now is that video is working

That does not sound like a problem ("is working").

Note: You should remove the patch you have to the framebuffer and address the root problem instead.

and processor is not recognizing

What do you mean?

also FakeSMC the one thats on the file only works for me also when i go to clover and change to different FakeSMC Then i have Problem again

What problem, specifically? You should be able to use my FakeSMC without CPUSensors.kext. I'll fix CPUSensors if/when I get some Broadwell hardware. Or someone else will fix it.

.. with this and also on my ioRegistry it showing some other mac information in about it show something different how to change it ..

No idea what you mean by that.

Comments regarding EFI/Clover:
- get rid of framebuffer patch
- GenericUSBXHCI is still probably not built for Yosemite
- VoodooPS2Controller.kext is old
- FakeSMC (already mentioned)
- not sure what you have going on with ACPI/--patched. Clover will not load from that directory. Perhaps that's your intention.
- bad idea to keep OEM SSDTs but also Generate=true

That does not sound like a problem ("is working").

Note: You should remove the patch you have to the framebuffer and address the root problem instead.

What do you mean?
when i change to your fakeSMC then it will not go to boot screen ... the screen just get black that is all .. no farther ...

What problem, specifically? You should be able to use my FakeSMC without CPUSensors.kext. I'll fix CPUSensors if/when I get some Broadwell hardware. Or someone else will fix it.

No idea what you mean by that.

Comments regarding EFI/Clover:
- get rid of framebuffer patch
- GenericUSBXHCI is still probably not built for Yosemite
- VoodooPS2Controller.kext is old
- FakeSMC (already mentioned)
- not sure what you have going on with ACPI/--patched. Clover will not load from that directory. Perhaps that's your intention.
- bad idea to keep OEM SSDTs but also Generate=true

Now i did removed the OEM SSD and Frame Buffers now i have put fake id number to boot and back to 7mb

Now i did removed the OEM SSD and Frame Buffers now i have put fake id number to boot and back to 7mb

You do not need a FakeID with your hardware.

You do not need a FakeID with your hardware.

ok i boot with out fakeID now it boot up but when i take out the frame buffer no more booting .. on -v it show that it try to load Graphic
thats when restart ...

ok i boot with out fakeID now it boot up but when i take out the frame buffer no more booting .. on -v it show that it try to load Graphic
thats when restart ...

Did you check that DVMT-prealloc is 64mb or larger?

Did you check that DVMT-prealloc is 64mb or larger?

it is 64mb

one interesting thing i found that when i setup clover on your setup if i take the HFS File out then it boot in to clover boot screen but non of the disk show up that is the only problem with that .. so any clue ... thanks

it is 64mb

one interesting thing i found that when i setup clover on your setup if i take the HFS File out then it boot in to clover boot screen but non of the disk show up that is the only problem with that .. so any clue ... thanks

If you want to use VBoxHfs.efi, remove the VBoxHfs entry in config.plist/RemoveDrivers.

If you want to use VBoxHfs.efi, remove the VBoxHfs entry in config.plist/RemoveDrivers.

ok good news i booted with your config.file also i he'd to add the graphic buffer code in there ...graphics booted ok no problem ...

now how can i setup the cpu power so on please advice thanks ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back