Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 12 (9Q33) OS X Mavericks Instillation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried Clover in the past with the same result. And the AppleLMUController appears to be part of the FakeSMC driver I installed from MultiBeast. If I try to boot without FakeSMC the process hangs at the same point. There is no AppleLMUController kext in my S/L/E folder.

Installing FakeSMC produces the errors shown, but at least I can get into the GUI normally.

I have tried Clover in the past with the same result. And the AppleLMUController appears to be part of the FakeSMC driver I installed from MultiBeast. If I try to boot without FakeSMC the process hangs at the same point. There is no AppleLMUController kext in my S/L/E folder.

Installing FakeSMC produces the errors shown, but at least I can get into the GUI normally.

AppleLMUController is not part of FakeSMC. You need FakeSMC for all hacks.

I wonder what is loading it then?

I wonder what is loading it then?

It loads if you have an ACPI0008 device (ACPI-compliant ambient light sensor). It is AppleSMCLMU.kext.

Try this: Put this clover into your flash without change anything http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/4146-clover-2636-for-xps12-9q23-1094-without-dsdt/

Update. Got my system up using clover instructions found on this site. I am attaching a zip file of the EFI folder i used for the install flash drive and the final EFI partition. Got sound working from speakers (plugging headphones in shows Headphones Back Left) using latest voodooHDA from source forge.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

graphics seem to be running smooth with out injecting a specific ID. Wifi of course isn't working but i ordered a different card to try swapping that out. We will see how that works when i get it.

Gotta go complete some of the things on the to do list my wife gave me. I hope this helps anyone and I am sure i will have some questions on how to get the sound fixed later.

Attachments

• dell_xps12-9q33-EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 109
Update. Got my system up using clover instructions found on this site. I am attaching a zip file of the EFI folder i used for the install flash drive and the final EFI partition. Got sound working from speakers (plugging headphones in shows Headphones Back Left) using latest voodooHDA from source forge.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

graphics seem to be running smooth with out injecting a specific ID. Wifi of course isn't working but i ordered a different card to try swapping that out. We will see how that works when i get it.

Gotta go complete some of the things on the to do list my wife gave me. I hope this helps anyone and I am sure i will have some questions on how to get the sound fixed later.

Not sure why you have AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in kexts/10.9. You can't inject kexts that are already installed in /S/L/E.

And you probably will need to inject ig-platform-id and setup a correct smbios.

Not sure why you have AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in kexts/10.9. You can't inject kexts that are already installed in /S/L/E.

And you probably will need to inject ig-platform-id and setup a correct smbios.

Removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from EFI with no issues. Do not remember why I had put that in there.

The SMBIOS that i have is for the MacBookPro 11,1 should I be using something else?

How do I inject the ig-platform-id with Clover? Also, why does that need to be injected if things are working as is?

Thanks for the help and sorry for the probably dumb questions. Just trying to learn why/what all these things do.

The SMBIOS that i have is for the MacBookPro 11,1 should I be using something else?

I mentioned smbios because there is none specified in config.plist.

How do I inject the ig-platform-id with Clover? Also, why does that need to be injected if things are working as is?

It is an option in config.plist. May matter as you try to get brightness control to work/etc.

I'd be interested in looking at your setup. Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. That way I can see the result...

Thanks for the help and sorry for the probably dumb questions. Just trying to learn why/what all these things do.

There is a learning curve.

here is the copy of my ioreg

Attachments

• dell-xps12.ioreg.zip
    327.7 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back