Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 12 (9Q33) OS X Mavericks Instillation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for trying to help. I tried your modified kext and DSDT, but booting still hangs after loading the bluetooth module. I have to remove the AppleHDA kext to boot successfully. Guess I will just live without audio.

BTW, what does it mean when your kext is identified with a purple dot next to the file name?

Thanks so much for trying to help. I tried your modified kext and DSDT, but booting still hangs after loading the bluetooth module. I have to remove the AppleHDA kext to boot successfully. Guess I will just live without audio.

BTW, what does it mean when your kext is identified with a purple dot next to the file name?

I think there is a problem on your bluetooth, try to remove the IOBluetoothFamily.kext, IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext and AppleBluetoothMultitouch.kext, then reboot with my AppleHDA.kext. Maybe it will work.

Make sure you're activating your graphics correctly... What boot loader are you using?

I gave it a try. Now it hangs after loading AppleLMUController, which I believe is just telling me that it does not like the HDA controller period.

- - - Updated - - -

I am using the Chimera bootloader.

I gave it a try. Now it hangs after loading AppleLMUController, which I believe is just telling me that it does not like the HDA controller period.

- - - Updated - - -

Boot verbose. Post photo.

Here it is!

Attachments

• IMG_20140717_100331_110.jpg
    IMG_20140717_100331_110.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20140717_100711_732.jpg
    IMG_20140717_100711_732.jpg
    569 KB · Views: 143
Here it is!

It is a graphics issue...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Profile and signature added as requested.

- - - Updated - - -

I am using clover 2636. You can try it. AppleLMUController has no use on XPS12-9Q23 because it controls the light sensor to adjust keyboard light. XPS12-9Q23 has not this function. It will only make mistake log every time when I get into OS X. So I removed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back