Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 12 (9Q33) OS X Mavericks Instillation

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get audio working with VoodooHDA or patching AppleHDA
still lot of noise in headphone port...

i'm waiting the new BCM card and hope to fix the audio sleep issue with 10.10

Audio working. Sometimes on reboot wifi card does not show up but comes back after restarting again. No i just need to get a larger SSD for this machine to make it my everyday machine :D

go to the Yosemite support section and apply the framebuffer patch for the XPS13 to get rid of all artifact (using platform id 2600006)

I don't have problem with wifi after sleep, which card do you use?

go to the Yosemite support section and apply the framebuffer patch for the XPS13 to get rid of all artifact (using platform id 2600006)

I don't have problem with wifi after sleep, which card do you use?

Are you getting sleep on lid close? I have not really tried that. I usually just shut down. When I try to reboot I sometimes have a heck of a time getting it to boot again and every so often the wifi card shows that it is not installed. Usually is fixed on next reboot. I have a BCM card installed to replace the intel card that originally came with the computer.

yes, i've modified the DSDT to get LID sleep (look thread on Yosemite forum, i will upload the final DSDT and config.plist)

i've bought the card from eBay, i think there is only one card with BCMZ chip

just for my curiosity, your machine have USB touchscreen? (you should see a device attached under USB hub), because mine is using an I2C touchscreen that's not currently supported by touch-base.com

yes, i've modified the DSDT to get LID sleep (look thread on Yosemite forum, i will upload the final DSDT and config.plist)

i've bought the card from eBay, i think there is only one card with BCMZ chip

just for my curiosity, your machine have USB touchscreen? (you should see a device attached under USB hub), because mine is using an I2C touchscreen that's not currently supported by touch-base.com

All I see under USB is Intel Sensor Solution, Integrated Webcam, BCM02702A0.

ok.. so maybe just the first 9q33 (or 9q23) had the usb touchscreen...
hope touch-base will release a new driver soon :)

if you are interested, i've uploaded my config.plist and dsdt/ssdt-7 on the Yosemite thread

if you are interested, i've uploaded my config.plist and dsdt/ssdt-7 on the Yosemite thread

Cool. I will take a look. I am not ready for the Yosemite jump yet, seems like it is close to being fully working though.

Will the frame buffer patch work for 10.9?

Do I need to follow the complete instructions for the Yosemite HD4400 patching prior to the frame buffer patch?

What extensions do you have loading from EFI with clover?

the FrameBuffer patch should work also on Mavericks, just try :)
take a look here: http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/09/16/appleintelframebufferazul-sh-v3-0-beta/
you can use also the script of Piker to change the cursors byte form 6mb to 9mb, but i suggest Clover kext patch to avoid repatch every update the kext.. it's your choice :)
the openGL patch is not related to FB patch and it only necessary on Yosemite, regarding Clover i'm loading only FakeSMC and VoodooPS2 (removed GenericUSBXHCI because i'm using native Apple USB3.0 driver) ;)

Mine is 9Q23 and it is under USB. In Yosemite it can touch, but only easy touch command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back