Contribute
Register

Dell Vostro 220

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I beat this problem with the Bios upgrade but after a restart it came back. Amid the various things I tried before was booting with the usb drive that I used to install the OS with but I can't find right now. Then I think I did something with MultiBeast and rebooted, I'll probably remember once I find that usb stick, anyway, just giving you a heads up, btw, that was the lowest cost choice I could find on the ram, but you may be able to do better if you get used, but I wanted them to be fresh and to match so I went for new. As long as the specs are them same, all should function well....hmmm, I have no idea why it's doing this, I have already rebooted before and everything was ok....

Attachments

• P3170011.JPG
    P3170011.JPG
    800.7 KB · Views: 404
I was able to boot after I googled a bit and removed one of the 4GB modules. I did some more research and replaced the module, then entered "DSDT=null" at the boot prompt, and the machine started right up. More research, then I deleted the DSDT file and restarted with no problems, checked every thing out, found my HDAudio was gone so I ran the fix for that using Kext Wizard (repaired permissions/rebuild cache), restarted, sound was back. Finally as a "best practice" I used Disk Utility to verify and then Repaired disk permissions and then rebooted again (no matter how redundant, I always do this). Everything seems to be perfect, I will run a Time Machine backup this weekend.

I have read that you don't need to do any DSDT editing when you upgrade ram, but maybe our rigs are exceptions? I'll be interested to see what your experience is whenever you are able try upgrading your ram.

Sorry. I didn't realize that there was another page... I didn't know that you had replied. My apologies. I will let you know when I order the ram. What is the exact mobo you have. I am starting to think that we might have slightly different mobo's. Let me know if you are stable now. Thanks

BTW the 8gb of ram boot issue I believe is related to Chimera. You might want to explore the latest branch and see if this has been resolved. It shouldn't have anything to do with the dsdt although keep in mind It was compiled with only 2 gigs of ram installed. A DSDT is basically a written picture of what your hardware is. I would look into learning how to compile your own DSDT.

Hello all,

Thought this might be helpful. God knows Ive searched everywhere for one of these, I compiled it myself using DSDTSE. If anyone has a non Voodoo sound solution for the Integrated Realtek ALC662 let me know. Everything running 100% except Voodoo HDA load after sleep.

serious

Have you looked at the SOUND / AUDIO Forum - this is more up their alley

Also as you made a DSDT w DSDTSE the audio info that is in the DSDT may need tweaking ( this is normal for non standard codex)

Also you could see this link - http://www.osx86.net/view/31-realtek_alc662_codec.html

DID you use the link that TonyMac has for making your own DSDT file - involves a off site webpage and you may need to patch the DSDT file made w this method w an unique Audio patch for the DSDT.

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=35559

serious

Have you looked at the SOUND / AUDIO Forum - this is more up their alley

Also as you made a DSDT w DSDTSE the audio info that is in the DSDT may need tweaking ( this is normal for non standard codex)

Also you could see this link - http://www.osx86.net/view/31-realtek_alc662_codec.html

DID you use the link that TonyMac has for making your own DSDT file - involves a off site webpage and you may need to patch the DSDT file made w this method w an unique Audio patch for the DSDT.

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=35559

I tried numerous solutions and codecs available. Including the Azalia Audio link you provided. I also patched my DSDT with the Hi-Def section included with the supposed Xml and Pin configurations and no luck whatsoever. The furthest I have gotten is having my sys profile recognizing intel hi-def but no audio inputs or outputs recognized. Is there any hope of a preconfigured HDA kext or ALC662 kext in Multibeast. There are actually quite a few of us out there who would be so gracious for such a wonderful gift. LOL . Here is the stock specs for my system. The only thing different is my Asus 8400 GS 512MB Silent Video card. Thanks for your reply. P.S I'm running ML 10.8.3. thanks again.

CPU 2.49 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Support Socket LGA775, Core 2 Duo

FSB
1333/1066/800 MHz
Chipset
North Bridge – Intel G45
South Bridge – ICH10R
Integrated Graphics
Intel GMA X4500 HD
Memory
2 * 240-pin DDR2 DIMM slots Supports Dual Channel DDR2 800 MHz non-ECC , un-buffered memory (Max 4GB)
Expansion Slots
1 * PCI Express x16
1 * PCI Express x1
2 * PCI
Storage
4 * SATAII 3Gb/s connectors
Supports HDDs, Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Audio
Realtek ALC662 – Definition Audio
Ethernet
Realtek RTL8111C – Gigabit 10/100/1000Mb/s
Rear Panel
1 x VGA Port
1 x Audio I/O
1 x Serial Port
1 x RJ45 Ethernet/LAN Port
1 x PS/2 green color for mouse
1 x PS/2 purple color for keyboard
2 x USB 2.0 ports
Internal
1 * USB headers
1 * 4-pin CPU Fan connector
1 * 3-pin Rear Fan connector
1 * 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector
1 * 24-pin ATX Power connector
1 * Front Audio header
1 * Front Panel header
1 x IEEE 1394 Firewire header
BIOS
Flash BIOS
Form Factor
Micro-ATX

I flashed my BIOS using freeDOS on a usb stick and am now on 1.3.0 (from Dell). I also installed 2x4GB's of ram last night on my Vostro 220mt. It took a few tries to boot but I finally got it. This thing flies now!

Hi iMackin, I 've just tried to put OS X 10.8.3 on my Vostro 220MT too. Everything works fine, except the graphics: I can't change the screen resolution. Don't you have this issue? Could you tell me what kext use for fixing that?

Thanks alot,

Prusten

Hey imackin,

This post is a little older, but did your 8Gb of ram continue to work. Looking to upgrade.

Thanks-

I flashed my BIOS using freeDOS on a usb stick and am now on 1.3.0 (from Dell). I also installed 2x4GB's of ram last night on my Vostro 220mt. It took a few tries to boot but I finally got it. This thing flies now!

Hey just saw this thread ...

any advice on uping to Mavericks?

other than the video card my system ( desktop ) works good in 10.8.5 .

I'm using universe / multibeast and mavericks from the App Store but the system always restarts at the apple screen when installing or the screen blacks out and it hangs.

any tips please? Thanks
dd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back