Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
DDTMM's Build: Dell Vostro 220

Screen Shot 2012-01-20 at 2.56.56 PM.png
Components
http://www.dell.com/us/dfb/p/vostro-220/pd

Comments

Introduction:
I was bored at work and the windows installation was corrupt so I decided to reformat the hard drive. This is a completely stock Dell Vostro 220. Nothing has been added or removed.

Caveats:

• 1. With this build I have not tried to get sleep working. Keep that in mind if you need that. I could very well work but I have not tried it.
    3. Sound is working with VoodooHDA 0.2.2
    4. Did not have to use a DSDT. I simply used Easy Beast Install.

Preparation:
You will need an 8GB or larger USB flash drive and working Mac to prepare the USB drive. After the installation you will have internet through using ethernet so you can download MultiBeast 4.2.1: Lion Edition

1. Obtain OSX 10.7 Lion. You can either download this via the Mac App Store or obtain the USB version from the Apple Store.

2. Follow Steps 1 and 2 of the following instructions to prepare the USB drive with UniBeast. http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/unibeast-install-mac-os-x-lion-using.html

Installation:
1. Boot from your UniBeast Drive and Format your hard drive to 1 partition and GUID, Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

2. Once your hard drive is formatted run through the install

Customization:
1. Once Lion has installed and you are still booting from the UniBeast USB drive, you will need to download MultiBeast Lion and run it. Select the Below options and finish the MultiBeast installation.

tonym.jpg

3. restart and you should now have a working OS X Lion Install with sound on a stock Dell Vostro 220.

Attachments

• tonym.jpg
    tonym.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 728
Hello
How did you get the video driver working? screen res is at 1024x768

THANKS

djdavi_dee said:
Hello
How did you get the video driver working? screen res is at 1024x768

THANKS

I should probably edit this post but now that I think a bout it the video driver with the motherboard stayed at 1024x768 I forgot I had a GeForce 9800 GT video card in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back