Contribute
Register

Dell U2711 with HD5850 Display port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yuujin said:
thanks Say :headbang:

Welcome!

But just be aware that the 10.6.26 kexts are performing significantly slower than the new Lion 7.2.9 kexts. This will of course only effect you if you really need higher performance.
If you need only one monitor and can use it via DVI it might be worth to consider.
On my 5770 it´s CineBench OpenGL around 43 fps in 10.6.8 with 1.6.26 compared to 50 fps in Lion with kext version 7.2.9

I had to reinstall the whole SL and Lion.
And add Graphics Mode = 2560x1440x32 into com.apple.Boot.plist
I can boot into Lion fine, no sleeping monitor.
But I am unable to wake the monitor from sleep, either from trackpad or from the wireless keyboard. Once it sleeps its dead. Any idea anyone?

I'm using the same display, but with GT 440 card.
I have the same problem with gray apple screen with DVI connection to the monitor.
But if i switched to VGA port everything is working but at worse resolution.

In fact, there is no error in verbose mode, because Lion loaded but I think it detects two monitors and show main screen on VGA port and nothing on DVI.

I don't know how to fix it. It will be great to have 2560x1440 on DVI.
Will try to set Graphics Mode may be this will help.

I know this may make me sound ancient but I've been running on a plain old VGA cable for my monitor (DVI to VGA converter on the 580) and have never had any display issues. I've yet to try it any other way though.

For adding the resolution directly to the com.apple.Boot.plist what does the text/format look like that you add to the file? I want to add my 1920x1200 to see if I can boot into Lion with display port using Lion kexts instead of 10.6.7. Just to see if it works...if not, I can try switching out the kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back