Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Big Bang Xpower
CPU
i7-920
Graphics
GTX 480
Hey, guys. I am installing Lion onto my Dell Studio 1535. I am using the Bootable USB Unibeast method. Everything has gone perfectly fine.

So I completely formatted the whole hard drive and left space for a windows installation. My goal is to dual boot windows 7 and Mac.

Inside the installer, everything works beautifully. The graphics don't stutter or anything. The first issue I noticed however is that the touchpad and the keyboard do not work, which I half expected anyways and I believe this can be resolved with the proper drivers along with wifi, HDMI and DVI.

So I connected an external mouse and keyboard and everything is peachy until it just freezes I thought maybe this has something to do with USB because the mouse wasn't responding. I disconnected it and reconnected it, but nothing. The mouse doesn't light up, which means that there is no power going through the port,

This means that the USB stick has stopped working too, and thusly, my install is frozen. The progress bar itself is frozen too, so I am not sure what is causing the problem.

I'm just hoping that this issue is unique to the installation. I would hate to have this problem re-occurring when I'm actually using the OS. Any ideas?

[1]

The computer managed to make it through the entire installation without freezing. The problem wasn't fixed, but at least it works. I'll keep this thread up to catalog my experience for future reference.

[2]

I was able to boot into the system, but it froze. A reboot seemed to fix the problem. No freezing since. Also, I found that I cannot boot from the hard drive as of yet. My next task will be to install Chimera, then I'll go about fixing the touchpad and keyboard problems.

[3]

So far, I've had a couple of instances of freezing inside the OS, but I've been able to reboot.

However, I was in the middle of installing Multibeast. It froze before it could complete the installation. Cannot reboot back in without a kernel panic. Back to square one. I'll come back in a little while and give this another shot.

[4]

Frustration is finally setting in. I included the .aml file in the usb and booted using -f. I must have installed Lion 5-6 times. They all ended with errors that messed up the install itself and forced me to wipe and re-install.

There apparently is a problem with multibeast. I was able to unpack and install it, but it resulted in a bad install. I'm wondering what this could mean.

I'm going to switch to iboot+ Multibeast method to install Snow Leopard. Hopefully, I will fare better with that method and potentially update to Lion then.
I am now 90% sure that something Multibeast does corrupts the install.

[5]

After a fresh install, I ran multibeast. Since getting the DSDT file working was priority one, I only chose UserDSDT. It failed a couple of times but I was able to reboot and install it successfully.

I rebooted again, ran Multibeast and chose the following options:
- FakeSMC
- FakeSMC Plugins
- NullCPU Power management
- PS/2 Keyboard Mice and trackpads
- AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
-Chimera
-Themes
- OSx86 software

Everything seems to be cooperating with me now. Also, it's worth mentioning that OSX can now boot from the hard drive with Chimera. My next task will be to get audio and network working.

That's an issue with Dell laptops. When I installed Lion on my dads laptop it would always freeze and sometimes take me 2 hours just to install it completely (restarting from freeze ups). There is a DSDT that you can put in your unibeast usb to stop it from freezing but since you already have Lion installed you can download the DSDT and use multibeast to install it. Restart your computer and if you want to be on the safe side use boot flag -f.

Download thisDSDT.aml

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    25.7 KB · Views: 206
Hey rowas,

I have the same Laptop and trying to Install Mac x86 on it.

Can you please tell me which Versions are working for you right now?

Tried it with Lion, but doesn't seem to work very well.

You managed to get it work with Snow Leopard? iBoot+Multibeast?

Thank You....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back