Contribute
Register

Dell Precision Track Pad (ALPS PS2); not showing in trackpad pref just want to increase cursor speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Predator PH517-51
CPU
i7 8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070 G-Sync Panel
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I am back to the forums haha, feel like I post everyday; but you all are amazing and super helpful thank you. So my laptop system is running super well, just got my new wifi card working! But the only issue now is the trackpad doesn't show up in the preferences. IoReg shows it as a PS2Mouse. Windows says its ALPS PS2 hardware. I am using the latest ACPIBatteryManager.kext (EFI/Clover/kexts/Other) and VoodooPS2Controller.kext (EFI/Clover/kexts/Other). It works super well and responsive, double click for right click, two finger scroll, actual right click button for right click (older versions was one or the other for right click, super happy thats working now). I don't care about gestures (I never use them), I just want to be able to change the cursor speed (DPI). It's very slow moving and take a lot of effort to get to places. I can't seem to find how to fix this; read through all of Rehabman's guides.

I would love for it to show in trackpad pref but honestly I would be happy if I could just speed up the cursor movement. Thanks.

Attachments

• Files.zip
    3 MB · Views: 78
So I am back to the forums haha, feel like I post everyday; but you all are amazing and super helpful thank you. So my laptop system is running super well, just got my new wifi card working! But the only issue now is the trackpad doesn't show up in the preferences. IoReg shows it as a PS2Mouse. Windows says its ALPS PS2 hardware. I am using the latest ACPIBatteryManager.kext (EFI/Clover/kexts/Other) and VoodooPS2Controller.kext (EFI/Clover/kexts/Other). It works super well and responsive, double click for right click, two finger scroll, actual right click button for right click (older versions was one or the other for right click, super happy thats working now). I don't care about gestures (I never use them), I just want to be able to change the cursor speed (DPI). It's very slow moving and take a lot of effort to get to places. I can't seem to find how to fix this; read through all of Rehabman's guides.

I would love for it to show in trackpad pref but honestly I would be happy if I could just speed up the cursor movement. Thanks.

Look for PS2 kexts for ALPS.

Look for PS2 kexts for ALPS.
Oh okay, do you not make them? Also would that ps2 kext replace your voodoops2controller kext? Thanks!

Oh okay, do you not make them? Also would that ps2 kext replace your voodoops2controller kext? Thanks!

Someone else made a fork of my kext with ALPS support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back