Contribute
Register

Dell Precision T7500 with RX 580!!! White Screen!!! Please Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
DELL Precision T7500
CPU
2x X5650
Graphics
Quadro 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have the Dell Precision T7500 with the XFX AMD RX 580 and when I boot I get a white screen. If I boot without InjectATI or RadeonDeInit I get a black screen. If I boot with both I get a white screen. I have attached my config.plist. What can I do?

My Specs are:
Dell Precision T7500
Processor: 2x Xeon X5650 2.66 GHz
XFX Radeon RX 580 with 8 GB of VRAM Black Edition OC+
RAM: 20 GB

Thank You!

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
XFX cards always have issues with macOS.

Can you try another brand RX580 like a Sapphire Pulse or something?

Worst case you have to flash your XFX to another brand (make sure to match same RAM size)

It's the only card I have. I don't have money to buy another one. What can I do?

Last edited:
It's the only card I have. I don't have money to buy another one. What can I do?

Which version of MacOS are you running? Sierra or High Sierra? Only Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra have support for AMD Polaris GPUs like the RX 580.

Regardless, you should not "Inject ATI" with the RX 580. Try using RadeonDeInit only and not Inject ATI.

If you are using High Sierra 10.13.4 and later, even RadeonDeInit should not be necessary. I am using a Sapphire RX 580 Pulse, and High Sierra 10.13.6 boots directly without using RadeonDeInit. In Sierra 10.12.6 I use the Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts with the card and it also works.

Last edited:
I'm using High Sierra 10.13.6. I can't even boot into the installer. Maybe it's my SMBIOS? I'm using Mac Pro 5,1 SMBIOS. Should I be using another SMBIOS?

I'm using High Sierra 10.13.6. I can't even boot into the installer. Maybe it's my SMBIOS? I'm using Mac Pro 5,1 SMBIOS. Should I be using another SMBIOS?

I don't know if this is related to the SMBIOS but by all means try another SMBIOS like MacPro6,1.

Don't use Inject ATI. Have you configured the BIOS settings correctly as required in the Installation Guide?

I don't have a UEFI option in the bios. Does that card require that? I hope not. I'm using the Legacy Clover.

I don't have a UEFI option in the bios. Does that card require that? I hope not. I'm using the Legacy Clover.

UEFI or Legacy BIOS, you have to set some BIOS options correctly or you will have trouble booting into MacOS. Have you done that?

I set the bios correctly according to the guide. I am going to bed because I've been working at this all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back