Contribute
Register

Dell Precision T5500 and AMD Radeon HD 6570 - Sierra 10.12.6, unable to boot with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Workstation T5500
CPU
X5650
Graphics
HD 6570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello
I have some great trouble booting the my Clover usb stick. I created the legacy boot setup using an Apple Store downloaded image of OS X Sierra 10.12.6 and I used Unibeast 7.1.1 for the image creation. I tried the EFI and insitiu install with the same results. Years before I managed to dig deeper in the Chameleon boot model and I managed to install 10.6.8, Lion and Mountain Lion. I also tested, for the sake of the experiment, different Clover versions. I used this instructions for the setup.

My EFI folder will be attached to this post. Where I am stuck is at some hard to debug and identify Kernel panic. When I boot in verbose mode, I got the ++++++++ message, followed by a reboot. With a debug option in the APIC set, I go to a "Kernel Sierra: 2 replaces done", followed by a reboot. I can take pictures of the boot process if someone is interested.

The only main difference with the usine shipped T5500 is my Graphic Board - an AMD Radeon HD 6570. I do not have the original Nvidia on my disposition. IMO the problem goes before the graphics, I will deal with it at a later stade. Or maybe I an wrong?

Now, my experiments are shots in the dark. I tried the proposed initial kexts in this thread, some random EFIs and DSDT files. Same reboots.

I tried various boot options:
nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 PCIRootUID=1/2/4 ( for AMD Cards, I suppose ) -v -x
And cpus=1 npci=0x2000

Here are my bios and hardware settings:

Bios Settings:
-> Drives
Raid Autodetect / AHCI

-> Performance (disabled)
Multi Core Support
HT Technology
Intel Turbo Boost
Intel Speed Step
C States Control
Hardware Prefetcher

-> Virtualization Support (All disabled)

The hardware:
Dell Precision T5500
Service Tag: 1N6P35J
Processor Type: Intel Xeon [email protected]
Memory: 12GB (4GB * 3)
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6570
Various HDD Drives - SSD and Sata

Any clue how to debug or identify this lock will be appreciated!

Attachments

• EFI_T5500.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 183
Not a Desktop Guide - Moved to Desktop Support.

My EFI folder will be attached to this post. Where I am stuck is at some hard to debug and identify Kernel panic. When I boot in verbose mode, I got the ++++++++ message, followed by a reboot.
Memory fix driver is missing!

See [WARNING] Clover update r4586 deletes OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
and [REPORT] issue with clover 4586 - MacOS 10.13.5

How to solve: Post #3 of [REPORT] issue with clover 4586 - MacOS 10.13.5
and [SOLVED] Clover Update r4586 disables OS Boot (Black Screen)

Thanks for the reply!

I reinstalled Clover r4586, including the ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (also missing, not sure how this may be critical). I tried to boat with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, AptioMemoryFix-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, with a single file or all of them in the drivers64UEFI folder.
With "Binaries patching debug" the "Kernel Sierra: 2 replaces done", followed by a reboot persists.

I reinstalled Clover r4586, including the ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (also missing, not sure how this may be critical). I tried to boat with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, AptioMemoryFix-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, with a single file or all of them in the drivers64UEFI folder.
You don't need the ApfsDriverLoader with macOS Sierra.

The memory fix drivers (AptioMemoryFix, OsxAptioFix3Drv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFixDrv) should not be used simultaneously! Choose one of them!

I finally managed to see the result, swapping betweent the 4 files: in my case, the files need to be in the drivers64 folder. The OsxAptioFixDrv file is giving me a memory allocation error, the other 3 seems to work - at least the boot process continues. I stick with the AptioMemoryFix file.

However, the result is the same: "Kernel Sierra: 2 replaces done". I made some shots of the boot sequence and I attach my updated config file

IMG_8712.jpg
IMG_8714.jpg
IMG_8717.jpg
IMG_8723.jpg

Attachments

• config_V3.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 224
I did not managed to get a boot log on my usb stick. Is there a special procedure for doing this? I do not use EFI partition.

I did not managed to get a boot log on my usb stick. Is there a special procedure for doing this? I do not use EFI partition.

you can get the clover bootlog from
(a) press F2 in the Clover GUI, the preboot.log is saved in EFI/CLOVER/misc/ ; or
(b) run the bdmesg command in the terminal "bdmesg > ~/Desktop/boot.log" ; or
(c) clover configurator : Tools : Boot.log

Thanks for the reply!

With "Binaries patching debug" the "Kernel Sierra: 2 replaces done", followed by a reboot persists.

Would you be willing to list out the exact options you selected to build out the drivers64 and drivers64UEFI? I am also attempting to install mac os (high sierra instead) on my T5500 but receive the +++... memory driver error. It sounds like after installing, you copied the files from the drivers64UEFI folder into the drivers64 folder for legacy bios support?

Thanks!

Would you be willing to list out the exact options you selected to build out the drivers64 and drivers64UEFI? I am also attempting to install mac os (high sierra instead) on my T5500 but receive the +++... memory driver error. It sounds like after installing, you copied the files from the drivers64UEFI folder into the drivers64 folder for legacy bios support?

Thanks!

@guitarcal , thanks for this update. I am in the same situation, with a different video. I got the +++ when the boot is in verbose mode, otherwise just a reboot with apple :D

I started to believe that the issue is with my video card. I ordered some second hand boards and until they arrive, my experiments are suspended.

I copied the files the way you mention it. AspifixDrv(0) gives me an error, the other three loads. At this stage there is no way to guess the good one. The boot result is still reboot.

Would you like to boot in a "Binaries patching debug" mode? I am locked at "Kernel Sierra: 2 replaces done".

I have to mention that I tried various Clover versions and High Sierra.

If you manage to somehow boot to setup, please keep this thread updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back