CPU
Xeon E5-1660 CPU 3.3 GHz:
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have purchased a Dell Precision t3600 used for 550USD in Denmark which I will try to install Mac OS on. The machine has a Intel Xeon E5-1660 processor clocked at 3.3 GHz (6 cores, 12 threads), a 256GB Samsung SDD, Nvidia Quadro K4000 graphics card, and Windows 7 Pro installed. I purchased a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 760 Graphics card for compatibility reasons to with the machine instead of the Quardo card that came with the machine.

This is my second hackintosh, the first one I made from a HP ProDesk which works very well. I need the new build for work

1st try
Installing the GTX 760 failed. When booting up a warning stating something on line of "the power cables aren't sufficient". I think this has to do with the power supply in the t3600 only has one VGA power output splitting into two 6-pin connectors while the GTX 760 has 1 6-pin and 1 8-pin input. I purchased a 6-pin to 6-pin and 8-pin connection-cable on eBay which will arrive in about 1 month.

Trying to create the bootable USB-drive with UniBeast failed giving me the
"The selected Mac OS X Installer is incomplete. Please delete all copies..." error message which is discussed here. I have tried all the troubleshooting-steps for UniBeast and read through all the discussions on the forum and watched all the youtube content I could find on the problem. I haven't been able to find a solution. I never encountered this problem when making my first hackintosh in the summer of 2017.

2nd try
While waiting for the power cable for the GTX 760 GPU, I tried swapping in the Quadro GPU that came with the machine because I recall someone saying that they actually made a Quadro card work with Mac OS contrary to what I have heard from most sources.

I tried simply copying the content of the bootloader which I use for my first hackintosh build to the new USB drive I have purchased for my new dell t3600 hackintosh build and booting from this. This did not work. I managed to get into the BIOS of the t3600 without any problems holding down F12 while the machine is starting up. When choosing the USB drive (which has to me inserted into one of the port on the back on the machine to be recognized) I get an error which says "Selected boot device failed. Press any key to reboot the system"

Next Step
I will have to wait for answer on forum threads regarding the UniBeast problem with creating the bootable drive. Or I will have to find another hackintosh method all together.

If you have knowledge on the issues any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• dell t3600.jpg
    dell t3600.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 847
Last edited by a moderator:
K600 GPU will work with a PC-Mac. There are several builds on the forum using this card. Forum search engine is your friend.

UniBeast failure is probably due to the stub installer being downloaded instead of the full installer. Check the size of the installation app - if it is not over 5Gb then it is not the full installer
Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 8.07.01 AM.png

K600 GPU will work with a PC-Mac. There are several builds on the forum using this card. Forum search engine is your friend.

UniBeast failure is probably due to the stub installer being downloaded instead of the full installer. Check the size of the installation app - if it is not over 5Gb then it is not the full installer
View attachment 302954

Thanks, I assumed I had to download it from App store just like I did with my previous build.
How do you download the full installer?

What I did to get the full installer was to update my real mac to Sierra and then start the download because I read on several posts that it was the only way people were able to get the full download. There is a download patcher around that lets you download it but it seems like people have problems (me included) after creating an install USB with the download from the patcher because it doesn't recognize the newly formatted hard drives.

I have purchased a Dell Precision t3600 used for 550USD in Denmark which I will try to install Mac OS on. The machine has a Intel Xeon E5-1660 processor clocked at 3.3 GHz (6 cores, 12 threads), a 256GB Samsung SDD, Nvidia Quadro K4000 graphics card, and Windows 7 Pro installed. I purchased a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 760 Graphics card for compatibility reasons to with the machine instead of the Quardo card that came with the machine.

This is my second hackintosh, the first one I made from a HP ProDesk which works very well. I need the new build for work

1st try
Installing the GTX 760 failed. When booting up a warning stating something on line of "the power cables aren't sufficient". I think this has to do with the power supply in the t3600 only has one VGA power output splitting into two 6-pin connectors while the GTX 760 has 1 6-pin and 1 8-pin input. I purchased a 6-pin to 6-pin and 8-pin connection-cable on eBay which will arrive in about 1 month.

Trying to create the bootable USB-drive with UniBeast failed giving me the
"The selected Mac OS X Installer is incomplete. Please delete all copies..." error message which is discussed here. I have tried all the troubleshooting-steps for UniBeast and read through all the discussions on the forum and watched all the youtube content I could find on the problem. I haven't been able to find a solution. I never encountered this problem when making my first hackintosh in the summer of 2017.

2nd try
While waiting for the power cable for the GTX 760 GPU, I tried swapping in the Quadro GPU that came with the machine because I recall someone saying that they actually made a Quadro card work with Mac OS contrary to what I have heard from most sources.

I tried simply copying the content of the bootloader which I use for my first hackintosh build to the new USB drive I have purchased for my new dell t3600 hackintosh build and booting from this. This did not work. I managed to get into the BIOS of the t3600 without any problems holding down F12 while the machine is starting up. When choosing the USB drive (which has to me inserted into one of the port on the back on the machine to be recognized) I get an error which says "Selected boot device failed. Press any key to reboot the system"

Next Step
I will have to wait for answer on forum threads regarding the UniBeast problem with creating the bootable drive. Or I will have to find another hackintosh method all together.

If you have knowledge on the issues any help is much appreciated.

How were you able to get past the ""Selected boot device failed. Press any key to reboot the system" I updated the BIOS to A16 and am having this same problem.

@tokaitalbo, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

any updates on this?
Running into the same issues

cheers,
piet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back