Buying Parts Now
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello -
Does anyone know if Snow Leopard will install on a Dell Precision T3500 XEON system?

Thank you

I am also trying to do this. I can get iboot screen but soon after that, I put my retail snow leopard disc in and pressing f5 does not see the disc...

So, instead, I reboot and get back to the iboot screen, replace the dvd with retail snow leopard and select the iboot icon. I immediately get a kernel panic.

I have attached a photo of the error message i get.

Attachments

• IMG_1557.jpg
    IMG_1557.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 2,634
Any progress on this? I'm trying to accomplish the same thing.

I managed to get mine working and able to boot without iboot. Installed with IBoot, 3.2 and Original OSX 10.6. Options -v cpus =1 busratio=19 PCIRootUID=1. Install ran smoothly. Booted from iboot and ran update helper. Rebooted with same options as above and ran 10.6.8 Combo Update which also ran without issue. Ran Multibeast and with FakeSMC, EvOreboot, ElliotForceLegacyRTC, IOUSBFamily Rollback, NULLCPUPOwerManagement and rebooted. Some of the installs failed when all together but kept running until all were installed.

Rebooted and installed Chimera Bootloader and Chameleon RC5 Default Theme.

Now able to boot without iboot and 0 options. Running NVIDIA Quadro FX 580 which is still running in 1024*768 but that is my next goal to fix. Got a Belkin Wireless USB stick for network. Will keep posted.

I'm getting the same damned thing. Dell PRecision T3500 with a Xeon W3680

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x563ebd): "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPU\".\n"@/SourchCache/xnu.xnu-1504.15.2/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1387

etc.etc.
Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0 root:xnu-1504.15.2~1/RELEASE_I386

I've tried everything, Boot into iBoot, pop in snow leopard (now its 10.6 server so I dont know if that has any probs) Now I dont have an ACPI settings in the Bios and certainly no HPET option there either so dont know if that should work.
but I've tried all these in all combinations
Busratio=25
GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag (it's an nvidia quadro card - FX580)
PCIRootUID=1
-x
-v

If anyone has any suggestions I would seriously appreciate it!

Managed to get it working with a copy of 10.6.3 retail.

Got it installed, reboots fine with iboot and applied the update to 10.6.8 and multibeast and on reboot without iboot WORKS!

Just make sure to install EasyBeast on its own, nothing more and then try one thing at a time. I'm going to make an image of it working and add stuff bit by bit til I get all the devices working, but I can confirm that it will work with a Precision T3500

Just about everything working

The suggestion on viewtopic.php?t=39629&p=252102 for the Broadcom NetXtreme 57XX also works for SL, (i.e. modifying the BCM5722D.kext info.plist to include "<string>pci14e4,1681</string>" fantastic, although I had to add it in with the Kext Utility after I modified the string. Worked though!

Can also confirm that it works with the Quadro FX 580, although you need to install the NVEnabler from below

http://www.osx86.net/view/170-videocard ... 86-64.html

and probably download the drivers for the card from NVidia too.

As for using the onboard sound

http://www.osx86.net/view/189-voodoohda_v2.5.3.html

All,

I am running LION 7.3 on my Dell Precision T3500. The image from my Asus Desktop worked. The only thing I had to get was a kexts for the NIC. My Dell is raid. I am l looking for the controller for the raid drives. This thing works like a charm.

Using Multibeast for LION, no DSDT.
Video Card: GTX 460
Sound: M-audio 196, using envy driver.

Bob

Same here. iboot to install with 10.6.3. Apply crazy amount of software updates to get to 10.6.8, easybeast with system utilities and kext software, nvidia mac general driver update with nvenabler. Next I'll get the internet working with the above mentioned kext. But nice job Collie.

Re: Dell Precision T3500 ? Mine with sound but no audio control

lightmanrt said:
All,

I am running LION 7.3 on my Dell Precision T3500. The image from my Asus Desktop worked. The only thing I had to get was a kexts for the NIC. My Dell is raid. I am l looking for the controller for the raid drives. This thing works like a charm.

Using Multibeast for LION, no DSDT.
Video Card: GTX 460
Sound: M-audio 196, using envy driver.

Bob

The success:
I used a real Mac Pro 5.1 image, then apply easy beast with ATI 5870 video card.
With pci gigabit card, it works great so far without audio.

The fail:
I then apply voodooHDA from multi beast, With sound but always the loudest, I can't control the audio control bar for volume. The volume control works like on or off for me.
However, under youtube, the volume control on youtube video works. Why it's working like that. I see the audio on the menu bar, just can't control it.

Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back