Contribute
Register

Dell Precision M6500 not able to boot into installer [ El Capitan ] [Unibeast 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell M6500
CPU
i5 540M
Graphics
Quadro 2800M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
[HELP]Dell Precision M6500 not able to boot into installer [Unibeast 6]

​Hi,
I have Dell Precision M6500 and i have a problem of not booting into installer. :banghead:
Made Unibeast Installer 6 with MAC OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

It shows this error without any Kernel Panic:
still waiting for root device

Tried many flags such as:
PCIRootUID=0, -v, -x, -f, USBBusFix=yes, busratio=18, npci=0x3000, cpus=1,

I attached screenshots also. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20151019_130551.jpg
    IMG_20151019_130551.jpg
    661.1 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_20151019_130618.jpg
    IMG_20151019_130618.jpg
    576.9 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
​Hi,
I have Dell Precision M6500 and i have a problem of not booting into installer. :banghead:
Made Unibeast Installer 6 with MAC OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

It shows this error without any Kernel Panic:
still waiting for root device

Tried many flags such as:
PCIRootUID=0, -v, -x, -f, USBBusFix=yes, busratio=18, npci=0x3000, cpus=1,

I attached screenshots also. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Make sure you try all USB ports... stick should be USB2. Best result with a USB2 port, since your USB3 controller is likely unsupported.

Chameleon flags have no effect with Clover.

Thank you for your timely response @RehabMan
Well prior posting I took a detailed look at the forum. I read almost all of your threads and guides but still after those things I'm not able to get this working. :crazy:
Yes i tried the USB2 or USB3 thingy and plugging in USB2 or USB3 yielded same results.
The screen scrolls down after some time i think the line behind the garbage was 'still waiting for root device'.
As far as i know the last thing remains is the DSDT. :idea: I am not good with that stuff I hope you will be willing to provide me assistance in patching DSDT for this Laptop. :?:

Help will be highly appreciated. :)

The screen scrolls down after some time i think the line behind the garbage was 'still waiting for root device'.

USB problem.

Post EFI/Clover folder. Boot verbose, show photo.

Sure I'll post that as soon as I get back home.
Secondly, i have a possible solution too if USB is the issue here. :idea:

If I make a partition on the disk which has the OS X installer and I install Clover bootloader on my USB2 drive. Will I be able to get around this issue by booting OS X installer on HDD partition via Clover on USB2 drive? :?:

Thanks. :)

Sure I'll post that as soon as I get back home.
Secondly, i have a possible solution too if USB is the issue here. :idea:

If I make a partition on the disk which has the OS X installer and I install Clover bootloader on my USB2 drive. Will I be able to get around this issue by booting OS X installer on HDD partition via Clover on USB2 drive? :?:

Thanks. :)

Either way... you can likely find a solution to your USB problem. Commonly, people use the wrong kexts, or fail to try every USB port (with USB sticks). Since your USB3 controller is likely unsupported, it is important to find a port that is USB2 (Intel) and use a USB2 stick. Also make sure you're not trying to use GenericUSBXHCI.kext as it doesn't work on 10.11.

Ummm I already used the USB2 port on my dell and I only have only 1 USB2 port, other 2 I have on my dell are USB3 and eSATA. I don't have GenericUSBXHCI.kext in my Clover Kext folder. Also I'm attaching Clover EFI folder so take a look at it. :beachball:

Don't you think that keeping the bootloader on USB Drive and actual OS X installer on the local HDD partition will work?

Attachments

• CLOVER_jk24777.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 227
Ummm I already used the USB2 port on my dell and I only have only 1 USB2 port, other 2 I have on my dell are USB3 and eSATA. I don't have GenericUSBXHCI.kext in my Clover Kext folder. Also I'm attaching Clover EFI folder so take a look at it. :beachball:

Don't you think that keeping the bootloader on USB Drive and actual OS X installer on the local HDD partition will work?

Your config.plist is not based on my plists from my guide...

Try with config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwnership=true.

I tried the ownership thing now and it also didn't work :|. Same output nothing changed. Please also provide me your config.plist. I will try that as a last resort before we move the installer to the disk.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back