Intel Core i7-6820HQ
Graphics
Nvidia Quadro M2000m
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I have a feeling this is going to be a long process, but I'm determined to get this working eventually. I'm quite a beginner at the hackintosh, having done one, but it was an old desktop I basically already found an identical build of.

To start here are the specs:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6820HQ Quad Core 2.70GHz
Video: Intel HD 530 Integrated, Nvidia Quadro M2000
Memory: 16GM ddr4
Drive: 500GB SED 7200 HDD
Screen: 15.6" FHD (1920x1080)

So far all I've managed to get going is to get past an incompatible Mac error and get to the ++++++++++++ line, where it hangs. I have not changed the DVMT yet, but I assumed I would get further than that before a hang. I haven't done this, because after hours of googling and multiple guides that talk about DVMT none of them actually link to a tool to dump the bios from the exe, and AMI Bios Utility doesn't run.

Any help on where to go from here would be much appreciated.

So I have a feeling this is going to be a long process, but I'm determined to get this working eventually. I'm quite a beginner at the hackintosh, having done one, but it was an old desktop I basically already found an identical build of.

To start here are the specs:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6820HQ Quad Core 2.70GHz
Video: Intel HD 530 Integrated, Nvidia Quadro M2000
Memory: 16GM ddr4
Drive: 500GB SED 7200 HDD
Screen: 15.6" FHD (1920x1080)

So far all I've managed to get going is to get past an incompatible Mac error and get to the ++++++++++++ line, where it hangs. I have not changed the DVMT yet, but I assumed I would get further than that before a hang. I haven't done this, because after hours of googling and multiple guides that talk about DVMT none of them actually link to a tool to dump the bios from the exe, and AMI Bios Utility doesn't run.

Any help on where to go from here would be much appreciated.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.

I managed to get a basic finished install of Mac OS Sierra going, though there are definitely still some graphics issues.

Basically I pulled arcivanov's un-working clover zip from this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dell-precision-7510-hackintosh-laptop.196039/ and made some mods and and added some kexts from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...e-i7-6700hq-intel-hd-530-using-clover.191921/ , so kudos to those guys. Lots to be improved, but for anyone using this laptop set up, I'm attaching the zip of my set-up to this post. I made it through the whole process without changing the dvmt, just clover changes.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1 MB · Views: 127
I managed to get a basic finished install of Mac OS Sierra going, though there are definitely still some graphics issues.

Basically I pulled arcivanov's un-working clover zip from this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dell-precision-7510-hackintosh-laptop.196039/ and made some mods and and added some kexts from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...e-i7-6700hq-intel-hd-530-using-clover.191921/ , so kudos to those guys. Lots to be improved, but for anyone using this laptop set up, I'm attaching the zip of my set-up to this post. I made it through the whole process without changing the dvmt, just clover changes.

Your profile is not filled out as requested in the FAQ.
Please fix.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

So I've managed to get to a pretty functional state. I never did manage to get the Intel HD530 graphics to work (booted, but GFX were low quality and listed as Display 8mb), but I got the Nvidia Quadro M2000M functioning. The issue is that they seem to only work very intermittently. 2/3 of boot attempts end with the internal and external displays shutting off, but a third of the time it flickers off, then to a powered "on" black screen which holds for 30sec to 1minute and then flashes to the login page.

I know I need to provide more information than that, but I'm not sure where to begin. Any help is much appreciated, but it works well enough to get by.

Also, of all my boots the bluetooth seems to have loaded twice as far, as I've noticed, where I've mange to connect devices. Usually it just says it's "on" but can't connect to or find any discoverable devices. Any ideas on how to diagnose that? Wireless: Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 8260

So I've managed to get to a pretty functional state. I never did manage to get the Intel HD530 graphics to work (booted, but GFX were low quality and listed as Display 8mb), but I got the Nvidia Quadro M2000M functioning. The issue is that they seem to only work very intermittently. 2/3 of boot attempts end with the internal and external displays shutting off, but a third of the time it flickers off, then to a powered "on" black screen which holds for 30sec to 1minute and then flashes to the login page.

I know I need to provide more information than that, but I'm not sure where to begin. Any help is much appreciated, but it works well enough to get by.

Also, of all my boots the bluetooth seems to have loaded twice as far, as I've noticed, where I've mange to connect devices. Usually it just says it's "on" but can't connect to or find any discoverable devices. Any ideas on how to diagnose that? Wireless: Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 8260

Please fix your profile as per FAQ.
If you have an issue, describe it clearly and provide files requested in the FAQ "Problem Reporting".
The FAQ has information on compatible WiFi/BT. Intel WiFi/BT is not well supported.

Hey what were your bios settings?? The Dell precision bios can be quite crazy? My installer is hanging. And I can't seem to see what bios settings need to be changed

And I think it's a USB 3.0 problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back