Contribute
Register

Dell P2715Q won't wake from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a well known issue with P2715Q hardware revision A00 and A01 and it's not related to OSX. Hardware revision A03 is not affected by this problem. If you've got hw revision 00 or 01 and you are experiencing this issue you can return your monitor and get a replacement.
In the mean time you can powercycle it every time it "freezes" on sleep.

This is a well known issue with P2715Q hardware revision A00 and A01 and it's not related to OSX. Hardware revision A03 is not affected by this problem. If you've got hw revision 00 or 01 and you are experiencing this issue you can return your monitor and get a replacement.
I just got my P2415Q, facing the same issue, that sounds disappointing.

I am using P2715Q, gtx650 will not have this wake issue, but when i switch to nuc with HD540, it will black screen after wake. But I have a walkaround method. When the monitor going to black after wake, click the computer power button to fire sleep command, after one second, click the keyboard to interpurt the sleep porcess, at this time the monitor will have signals.

I have same isuse, rev 03, Sierra.

I was able to solve this problem by setting the MST to Primary. It changes the monitor to 30Hz but I can now wake from sleep.

* Press the Menu button to open the OSD (On Screen Display)
* Go to Display -MST
- Changing it to Off = 4k2k 3840x2160 60Hz
- Changing it to Primary = 4k2k 3840x2160 30Hz (MST DP out Enabled)
- Changing it to Secondary = 4k2k 3840x2160 30Hz (MST DP out Disabled), 2560x1440 60Hz or 1920x1080 60Hz. Set monitor to Secondary mode if your Graphics card is DP1.1

This issue is not specific to the P2715Q. I have a new LG 43" 4k monitor that does displayport 60hz. Most of the time is does wake from sleep and work, when using displayport #1 of the 1070 card I am using. If I use displayport #3, which is the only one that the mac will see supports audio, just unplugging the monitor or switching to a different video source will prevent the mac from using the displayport #3 again until reboot.

I saw similar behavior when I would use a displayport switch for my legit mac mini server and a pc. The pc was able to connect back to the monitor when switched to it, but the mac mini would fail to show content about 50+% of the time. I was using a dell u3011 monitor at the time.

So lots of different hardware have this issue. I have not tried unplugging the monitor to see if that would solve the problem. I will try that next time it happens for me.

I have a rev A01, and is also hit by this very annoying problem, both on a hack and non-hack (real).

I guess several years after buying the monitor it cannot get replaced by Dell, or?

I need to fix problem by pulling the powercord, and the power connector is getting shaky from the many reconnects. Would love is anyone has found a fix for this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back