Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 9020
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
I have been using a Sierra system, with a Clover 2.4 build. My computer was having some hardware issues, so I bought a refurbished Optiplex 9020. It was my hope that the Mac drive would work in the new computer.

I am able to adjust the Bios and boot into Clover. However, the computer freezes on starting the Apple system. Clearly, I need to make changes to my Clover configuration. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks.

Can anyone help with this?

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

zip and attach your /EFI folder.

Forgive but I am new to this. Someone built the system for me and he has disappeared. The screen freezes with a white Apple logo and a black screen. Here is the EFI folder.

Thank you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 147
Forgive but I am new to this. Someone built the system for me and he has disappeared. The screen freezes with a white Apple logo and a black screen. Here is the EFI folder.

Thank you.
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

The screen freezes with a white Apple logo and a black screen.
You'll likely have an easier time by removing the AMD GPU and using HD4600 first. Also, which Clover version are you using.

"Installer version: v2.4k r4012"
Just a little bit too old. May be best for the OP to follow a 9020 guide and perform a clean install if this is an SSD transferred from a system with different hardware. Maybe search this site for a 9020 guide ?? :think:

I am using Clover 2.4k r4012. It is installed on the the mac drive, but not a separate partion.

Where is the 9020 guide? I need to keep all of the data on the Sierra system, if possible.

I am using Clover 2.4k r4012. It is installed on the the mac drive, but not a separate partion.
As suggested, back up any important data, remove the r5 240, setup your BIOS correctly, perform a clean install of Mojave or a newer macOS version. Learning how this works for yourself is mandatory for owning and operating a hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back