Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 9020 AIO
CPU
Core i5-4570S
Graphics
Intel Integrated
I new at attempting to install macos on pc hardware. SO I decided to try on my old Dell Optiplex All in one with a Core i5-4670S with an iGPU.

The issue is the built in screen is not displaying correctly, I get a scrambled screen once it starts to boot the installer. When I attached an external hdmi screen it works correctly.

I was able to get 10.15.7 installed but I still have this screen issue. Is there anything I need to do to get the built in screen working correctly?
From the display settings it does detect the screen and its resolution correctly (1920 x 1080)
I’m using a config.plist based on a desktop Optiplex 9020.

There is a 9030 guide on this site. Use search. It's also haswell based like your 9020.

So, the 9020 AIO is a bit different than the 9030 AIO, taking a working config from a 9030 AIO or a non AIO 9020 does not work. I found a 'working' EFI config for a 9020 AIO from another forum but I still get the same problem with the built in screen.

I get the same result with all of the configs I've tried. Does not matter if I use Clover or OpenCore.

Attachments

• IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 77
I still get the same problem with the built in screen.
Have you tried booting into windows ? Do you get the same problem then ? Best to rule out any possible hardware issues first if you haven't already.

I'm new at attempting to install macos on pc hardware. SO I decided to try on my old Dell Optiplex All in one with a Core i5-4670S with an iGPU.
I get the same result with all of the configs I've tried. Does not matter if I use Clover or OpenCore.
You picked a machine that is going to be rather complicated for a first time hackintosh attempt. The LVDS connection to the built in, attached monitor is what creates the display problems. As you found out, copying the work of other people by using their files generally doesn't work that well. There are many guides you can study that should help you isolate the cause of the problem. Read some of the framebuffer patching guides first. A good place to start.

I had it around so I thought why not. It works perfectly in Windows and Linux.

I'll keep banging away. I might dust off a 9020 SFF to try next. I really like the idea of an iMac like all in one.

Disable
I new at attempting to install macos on pc hardware. SO I decided to try on my old Dell Optiplex All in one with a Core i5-4670S with an iGPU.

The issue is the built in screen is not displaying correctly, I get a scrambled screen once it starts to boot the installer. When I attached an external hdmi screen it works correctly.

I was able to get 10.15.7 installed but I still have this screen issue. Is there anything I need to do to get the built in screen working correctly?
From the display settings it does detect the screen and its resolution correctly (1920 x 1080)
I’m using a config.plist based on a desktop Optiplex 9020.
I started it at the beginning. After it was closed, the screen was resolved. My EFI is not perfect, please share! Thanks!
I am currently using big sur 11.2! Bluetooth cannot be driven, other things are normal, but the system occasionally crashes.
Forgive me for my bad English, Google Translate is not so easy to use!

Attachments

• IMG_1681.jpeg
    IMG_1681.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Disable

I started it at the beginning. After it was closed, the screen was resolved. My EFI is not perfect, please share! Thanks!
I am currently using big sur 11.2! Bluetooth cannot be driven, other things are normal, but the system occasionally crashes.
Forgive me for my bad English, Google Translate is not so easy to use!
Hi bingleng5188, can you post your whole EFI please ? Thank you a lot !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back