Graphics
Sapphire AMD RX580 8GB Nitro +
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all!

I'm a bit of a n00b at all this so apologies in advance! :crazy:

I have recently acquired a Dell Optiplex 9010 i5-3470 with a GTX750Ti-LP with nVidia Web Drivers and an Apple BCCM94360CD card. The system boots fine and the majority of components work perfect out of the box however

Been scouring the wealth of this fantastic forum as well as Google trying to find a method to fix two problems i'm having.

I've had some trouble trying to get the ALC269Q inbuilt sound to work as well as the USB 3.0 ports to work

Problem 1: Audio

I have tried to enable the audio using the CloverALC110 script. It appears to work but have no sound not is it detected. I can see "Intel High Definition Audio" in the System Report. Is there anything else I could do. Another script "audio_RealtekALC" seems to patch the AppleHDA kext, I may try that next, but i'd rather have something that patches through Clover so that it potentially persists when updating OS X.

Screen Shot 2015-10-31 at 17.25.36.png

Problem 2: USB 3.0 Issues

Intel USB 3.0 issues seem to be widely documented however I'm relatively new to patching or editing DSDTs and kexts. The system has 2x USB3 ports on the front and 2x on the rear of the machine. Post install none of these ports were functioning. I've now managed to have the ports functioning by using MaciASL and editing my DSDT by changing EHC1 ==> EH01 and EHC2 ==> EH02. The ports function but only in USB 2.0 mode. I also tried changing XHC to XHC1 in by DSDT and no luck there.

Screen Shot 2015-10-31 at 17.44.18.png

Presumably some sort of port injection has to be carried out or some Kext editing needs to be done to have USB 3.0 working? Ideally a fix through Clover would be nice (here's hoping) so that the changes persist through updates.

I've been reading through the forums for inspiration

Particularly these threads:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

I was also wondering if it's worth holding out for Multicast 8.0 in hope that there may be a fix for all the problems on there?

Thanks in advance.

PS I've also uploaded my DSDT in case anyone wants to have a look at all my mistakes! :banghead:

Murali

Attachments

• Optiplex 9010.aml
    40.2 KB · Views: 157
I'm not sure that audio chip is supported, but your best bet would be to post to the appropriate sticky thread in the audio forum -- both the "no sound" and "no sound device" threads have a detailed troubleshooting section in the first post.

On the USB, you'll have to follow the guides in the USB threads. You can try the FakePCIID_XHCIMux approach, because if it works for you it's about the simplest.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Bit of an update. You're right, don't think that particular audio codec works but i've sorted it now. VoodooHDA 2.8.8 works perfectly on El Capitan and this ALC269.

Been experimenting with the various forum posts (particularly this post http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/172337-el-capitan-usb-issues-possible-fix.html) re: USB. Had some trouble with the FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext(s) causing Kernel Panics on start up. Switching off USB Inject and Ownership in Clover disables my USB ports entirely but presumably to use the new kexts, i'd have to disable USB inject function of Clover. I can see the XHCI controller in IORegistryExplorer, just trying to get it to function!:banghead:

I'm guessing that it's less straight forward that using Kext Wizard to install those Kexts (https://github.com/the-darkvoid/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID)

I'm really hoping for a fix for 7/8 series motherboards with Multibeast 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back