Motherboard
Gigabyte Z790 UD AX
CPU
i7-13700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had an old dell laying around and decided to try a hack. From what I read, it would work except for onboard graphics, so I added a working video card. I then made the UniBeast Legacy mode USB installer for High Sierra 10.13.6 but it wouldn't boot to the installer. So then I read some more and found I had to change my BIOS from AHCI to "legacy" to get the installer to boot. That worked. But, then as many others encountered, in "legacy" mode, Mac cannot see internal SATA drives. So I installed to a second USB stick. The install worked. But now I am stuck only being able to boot to USB sticks. and Disk Utility cannot see my internal SATA SSD drive. I tried adding the appleAHCIport kext to Clover's kext folder, but it didn't do anything. I checked, and the kext is never loading. I then tried installing the kext to /S/L/E/ folder, and then /L/E/ folder, and still, it is never loaded, and still no SATA. The computer BIOS can see the SATA drive, so it's not the cable, or drive itself.

Does anyone know anything else I can try to get it working? I found many threads with people reporting success, but it was never really clear how they did it, and also, the answers are all conflicting (some people saying it had to be on AHCI mode others saying it had to be in Legacy mode, etc.), and the threads are older than a year. So I made this one.

any luck? any updates? I have the same problem with a supermicro X7DCU motherboard. It must be 3rd party SATA drivers are needed. I am trying but still no luck on my end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back