CPU
intel core duo
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i bought an optiplex 745 with 2 gb ram 160 gb sata hdd and has an intel pentium dual core processor. I'm trying to put snow leopard (10.6.3) on. i am using the iboot method with iboot legacy and the retail snow leopard disc. i can boot into installer and start the install on the formatted hard drive. it installs for about 5 to 10 minutes and then it gives an error.the install logs says that "java.pkg" cannot be verified. i have tried custom installs with only the essential packages but java is essential. I know its not the disc because i had a used disc and thought that was it so i bought a brand new one from apples website and the same error occurred. i am using an external dvd drive because the dvd drive on the desktop isnt working but i can get a new optical drive if necessary. Thanks for any help you can give.

In my experience external DVD drives usually fail the install. Try taking the external out of the case and connecting to the mainboard. You do not have to install it in the case as long as the PSU and SATA cables reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back