Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z170x ud5 th
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
Gigabyte Geoforce GTX 950
Hi There
Has anyone successfully hacked a Dell Optiplex 7010 before? If so could you help me with my BIOS/MultiBeast settings? I got it to the Clover screen then the Apple logo, but it went into a kernel panic after, its got Linux on it at the moment, so I guess it should work, its the smaller 7010 (see pic)

Thanks

Rob

IMG_0204.JPG

See result of forum Search - Link

Can you list your hardware components? In Linux, you can open a terminal and type in:

sudo lspci -vv -n > pci.txt

This saves the output to a file called pci.txt

I built my hackintosh around an optiplex 790. Which is just one year older than the 7010. Because of the on board iGPU graphics on my chip, I had to purchase a low profile GT 710 and for sound I had to purchase a USB adapter.

BIOS -> Boot sequence set "Boot list option" to legacy and under SATA Operation sent it to AHCI.

When you create the UniBeast drive, you need use legacy mode and make sure the USB stick is formatted properly. It took me 3 tries my first time as I was not formatting the drive correctly.

It works pretty slick. I'm looking at upgrading the CPU to a i7 2600.

Can you list your hardware components? In Linux, you can open a terminal and type in:

sudo lspci -vv -n > pci.txt

This saves the output to a file called pci.txt

I managed to get it to work in legacy boot mode, and unfortunately wiped the ubuntu disk, but i managed to get these specs from dell, i must have got the multibeast settings completely wrong as it wouldn't boot after i set them, so I'm starting from scratch

3rd Gen Intel Core Processor i3-3250 (Dual Core, 3.50GHz, 3MB, w/ HD Graphics 2500)
Broadcom NetXtreme 10/100/1000 PCIe Gigabit Networking Card, Low Profile
4GB (1x4GB) Non-ECC DDR3 1600MHz SDRAM Memory

Thanks!

I built my hackintosh around an optiplex 790. Which is just one year older than the 7010. Because of the on board iGPU graphics on my chip, I had to purchase a low profile GT 710 and for sound I had to purchase a USB adapter.

BIOS -> Boot sequence set "Boot list option" to legacy and under SATA Operation sent it to AHCI.

When you create the UniBeast drive, you need use legacy mode and make sure the USB stick is formatted properly. It took me 3 tries my first time as I was not formatting the drive correctly.

Ive got it to work once in Legacy boot mode, but messed up my multibeast settings, so ill give this a go and see what happens.

thanks!

Ive got it to work once in Legacy boot mode, but messed up my multibeast settings, so ill give this a go and see what happens.

thanks!

You're going to need a dedicated GPU for that processor.

I followed the post for hp 8300 elite by trs96 as close as I could with the different bios menu. For the usb to work I had to select USB ownership in clover. Used the same MultiBeast settings. Config.plist I change EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02. Also selected USB ownership. Worked fine for me but had to use a usb adapter for the audio. Imessage and facetime works with no problem. Sleep works. Tried a 710 graphic card just to see if audio worked over HDMI and it does. Only problem so far is the usb quits working if you plug something to it while sleeping.

Just wish the hd4000 hdmi audio would work.

Hi Again
Im going to add a graphics card, probably a gt710 low profile, one question though, the psu on the dell says 240 w max and the gt710 is a 300W gpu, is that the same in your dell? and does it run ok?, i won't be using it for gaming, I'm only doing this to prove a point really.

Thanks

Hi Again
Im going to add a graphics card, probably a gt710 low profile, one question though, the psu on the dell says 240 w max and the gt710 is a 300W gpu, is that the same in your dell? and does it run ok?, i won't be using it for gaming, I'm only doing this to prove a point really.

Thanks

The GT 710 will work just fine, my 790 also has a 240w PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back